Slick heater

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

CaliRob

Slick heater

Post by CaliRob »

man I never even knew mine worked till yesterday. Man it was so cold out and I had to take the boy to school and the little truck was packed full so I opted to drive the slick. I arrived at the school and was sweatin this old heater was just a pumpin out the hot and I mean hot air. Nice to know there is 1 thing on my slick I dont have to replace yet..lol
Rob
64fordf100292v8

Post by 64fordf100292v8 »

Slick's do have good heaters! Even with all my rust holes I still sweat even on the coldest of days. :D
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Slick heater

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

CaliRob wrote:man I never even knew mine worked till yesterday. Man it was so cold out and I had to take the boy to school and the little truck was packed full so I opted to drive the slick. I arrived at the school and was sweatin this old heater was just a pumpin out the hot and I mean hot air. Nice to know there is 1 thing on my slick I dont have to replace yet..lol
Rob

Rob, what kind of temp we talking about ,50 degrees maybe? true test of heater is at below 0 temps and is how well it keeps the windows thawed so you can see out them.slick defrosters are at a disadvantage due to the 2 tiny openings at the center of the dash, therefore it is advisable to keep the visor part way down to deflect the heat on the windshield.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

Hahah, thats one of the few things that doesn't work on the '66. Go figure the one time we actually drove it a distance was when it was 5 degrees out.

Adrianspeeder
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

reminds me of a time when I actually used to drive my slick. :D
A buddy and I towed my 16ft boat up to were I kept it in the water for the summer with my slick.Launched the boat we decided since the lake was nice and quiet 5pm on a weekday we should go for a quick rip up the lake and back.Air temp 40 water temp 35 wind speed 45 mph wind chill - something. needless to say get in slick drive in to town grab a big mac at Ronnies eat it there we are still frozen. walk out to the parking lot take off coat for 2 hour drive home . buddy looks at me like Iam nuts. Says heaters in these old ford trucks don't work keep your coat on. Smile comes to my face he has challanged the honor of my Slick. I snap back this truck willhave you sweating and out of your coat befors we get 20 minutes down the road. He laughs says I am nuts and we will be allthe way home before his coat warms him up.Start out up the fan on fullspeed temp to max 10 minutes down the road he is peeling his jacket of begging me to turn the heater down. And that was the last time he ever dissed my Slick :wink:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken