Back from Colorado, costly trip ouch!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Back from Colorado, costly trip ouch!

Post by 64 f100 »

Picked up my bed that I bought from Chris, and tried calling him while I was there. Was never able to hook up though. Anyway, thanks Chris I appreciate the bed, and the insides is everything you said it would be. I am pleased.
Otherwise, I brought back the cab I had found the last trip, and two fair hoods. The good one was gone, wah wah wah! :( Went to the crusher, what a shame. Neraly everything I found was highly prised byt the posseser. I bought a pair of spotlights, one cab no doors, radiater support and two sets of inner 65-6 fenders fair condition. The only real prize I bought was a near perfect dash pad. I also bought one rought green floor matt for 4 speed 65-6 custom cab. Paid thru the nose for it, and only had an hour to get it and the floor mat out, before they closed up. Also bought one nearly perfect tailgate, but have 150 and several hours trip time into it.
Now to what I found, and hopefuly will go back for . Perfect 66 core support for 66, 4 shortbeds, with good floors, although one has banged up floors, and two have bondo, from fender benders. None have a good tailgate. I did find two other perfect tailgates, and a few nice cabs. This is the good part, the bad part is the pricing, and the cost of getting home. I spent about 700$ in gas on this trip. two hundred going, two hundred coming back, and about 40$ a day while there. This makes cost of parts unreasonably high. Cab prices were around 500, bed prices in the 4 to 500 range. Tailgates you had to buy the bed as a general rule, and none of the shortbeds had good tailgates. Best place to buy parts in the Denver area, U-pull It in Aurora, Colorado Auto parts in Englewood, down by Svigels auto parts just off Santa Fe Blvd. Again in Aurora, is a upullit yard at Tower Road and Colfax way out on the east side. Generally parts aren't to bad at these places. Hoods about 40 each, and same with fenders etc. They don't keep the stuff long, as it goes to the crusher fairly quickly. The short beds run in around 400 and same with the long beds at the places where I found those. I'm planning on buying one shortbox in Kansas, which was the best of the lot, but I've been trying to get him to a more reasonable price. I ran accross a pair of ramhorn manifolds also, but didn't have time to remove those, and one had been repaired. I did find one 66 core support, but this another long story, and the guy wouldn't price the parts. The whole truck was nice, but he wouldn't sell the whole truck either. To go after the shortbed and one long bed, I figure gas will run in the 350 range. Just tought to do.
One other piece of information. Svigels was one of the oldest parts and salvage yards in Englewood on the south side of Denver. I went there when I was in high school, and they have a lot of old stuff still. Worth stoping and checking it out.

Rich

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus