More on brakes for a F250 with a straight axle.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Unibodyguy1

More on brakes for a F250 with a straight axle.

Post by Unibodyguy1 »

I know if I had F100 pickups insted of F250's this would be an easy thing to do, but what I'd like to know, has anyone ever did a disk brake conversion for a F250 with a straight axle. Both my 61 Uni's are 250's and wouldn't mind keeping them that way with the 8 lug wheels. Other than a dual master cyl. I'm pretty limited to what I can do for upgrades. Anyone have any thoughts, or suggestions?

Michael
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

Did a search and found that this topic was discussed recently. I don't know if we ever got closure.....
http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 250+brakes
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
bit

Post by bit »

It's long distance of course but if you will give me a call I will tell you how to do it and you can post it. I am getting ready to do my 1 ton swap to 79 disc brake spindles. 336 240 3708 we are a couple hrs ahead of you please keep that in mind.

Thanks Bit
100 Years from now it will matter
bit

Post by bit »

O I forgot to tell you Woodrow is a 61 model.

Bit
Unibodyguy1

More on brakes with a F250 straight axle.

Post by Unibodyguy1 »

Bit, Truckfarmer, & others,
thanks for your responces on this. Bit I'll try and call you when I get a chance. I know your on the other side of North Carolina, I use to live over outside of Raliegh, accually out of Zebulon. What is your work schedule like Bit, let me know when you get a chance, so know whens a good time to call.

Michael
bit

Post by bit »

From 7 am to 8 am.

Bit