What to do with wiring?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

*1bad66*

What to do with wiring?

Post by *1bad66* »

I have a 66 slick with 351w and C6. My wiring harness is in fair shape but I am just not sure whether to use it or not. It is 40 years old and all I need is a short to catch my truck on fire that I have put countless hours and too much money into. I looked in a Painless catalog and they have a kit for 67-72 f-100's. I dont really know what to do any opinions or info would be greatly appreciated. THanks
66 F-100 351W
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

to my knoledge there are no direct fit aftermarket wiring harnesses made for slicks.
however painless does make fits all for trucks. choice as to number of circuits.You just have to know what options you require to know which one will do for your aplication. painless is good in my opinion have used several francis or american autowire are also good as is kwick wire. each has it's pro's and con's comes down to availabity and personal preference.
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I was/am going to go with EZ wiring

They look like good kits and I have heard nothing bad about them.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

Ya can just start changin one wire at a time here and there. So far got the whole rear of truck done.

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/7141/51418

If ya need some tips/tricks on soldering and heatshrinking, take a looky here...

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/6721/52133
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/6721/52136

Redoing the headlight harness with relays is another worthwhile safety mod to get super bright headlights.

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/8571/53579

Hope to get ya some ideas there,

Adrianspeeder
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

the wiring harnesses are made up of several sub sections and the main spaghetti at the fusebox.that comes apart too if done carefully the fusebox itself can be replaced without rewiring.
any of the sections engine, headlights, taillights can be replaced independently of each other.i see these pieces on evil bay and also in some catalogs.the engine compartment wiring of a 66 v8 car is the same as a 66 v8 slick.the colors and components are the same too.theres lots of pieces of the harnesses that can be swapped between Fords, means even though you cant get a slick specific one, a 66 galaxie or fairlane will also work.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

How Quickly everyone forgets....

www.collinsautomotive.com

A member who make custom fit slick harness to what you have.

Bill Collins in Eastern Ohio.

Garbz

Adendum: Link no work......Skip has one of Bills Harnesses in Nadine.. Skip Pipe in here on the quality.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Garbz wrote:How Quickly everyone forgets....

www.collinsautomotive.com

A member who make custom fit slick harness to what you have.

Bill Collins in Eastern Ohio.

Garbz

Adendum: Link no work......Skip has one of Bills Harnesses in Nadine.. Skip Pipe in here on the quality.

I like that idea.
*1bad66*

Post by *1bad66* »

Thanks guys you gave me a bunch of choices, still undecided but thanks for the help.
66 F-100 351W
a2z64

Post by a2z64 »

take a look at www.ronfrancis.com I've never used them but have heard good things about them. You can submit what you want on their website and they'll respond if they can do it. They'll custom make just about anything. (It's another option to look at).
Alan
Low 64 F100
49 F1
51 Studebaker Champion