61-63 headliners

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

61-63 headliners

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

the headliner in my 66 which is actually a 63 cab is held up by some little clips, problem is the headliner sags between the clips and irritates me because of how it looks.was ok for a while after i painted it but starting to be a pain.
yesterday before cutting the front of the roof off the 61 uni, i removed its headliner.its bigger than the 63 ?, no clips , held up by screws and the roof has an extra piece in it hanging down for the center screw.the 61 f500 cab is the same.never had a 62, all the 63s i parted out had the clips.

think i am going to clean up the 61 uni headliner for my 4x4 and ditch those clips.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

Brian my 63 cab has a cab support bar in the center and trim for around the doors. I am planning to use some thick carboard and put the upholstery on that and put screws in it to hold it up
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
65Truck_Nut

Post by 65Truck_Nut »

Hey Guys, I have an Idea :idea: I havent got to test it yet.I make door panels and kick panels for slicks and I did my origional headliner in a cheap vinyl and it looked ok but later decided to use a better quality material. SO here goes...... I plan to get some shower board, least thats what i call it ,you know the bumpy plastic stuff used on shower walls its 28.00 a sheet at lowes and ive seen it in a slick without a liner glued to it and it looked pretty good by itself. I plan to use it in my truck and glue a black naugahyde tuck and role lookin liner to it. I believe if you cut it right one sheet will do a slick. If this works i plan to sell kits to do them. you will have to glue the naugahyde to the plastic liner once it arrives in the mail but no step for a stepper............Ill let you know if it actually works LOL!!!