300 six swap to a 302?????

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

65Truck_Nut

300 six swap to a 302?????

Post by 65Truck_Nut »

Just in case anyone was loosing sleep over it .LOL I found a running 302 for my slick to replace my knocking 300, but now the stands that my motor mounts bolt to, are too high and far forward. I called my uncle who is like an elephant when it comes to ford trucks, he never forgets anything and knows more than your average blue oval bear about them. heres what he said ..........you stupid idiot!!!!.................well lets skip to the advice part ......LOL you need stands that came out of a 65 through 79 ford pickup with a small block ford in them like 302 351 m 351w or 400 sb If that is right feel free to tell me ,and if you have a set feel free to tell me fast!!!!!!! I dono how long i can live with my slick down like this. Ill probably never be able to do without it for the body off restro LOL....................Byron
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Byron think you need the ones from a 68-79 302
also look for a power steering one, the drivers side is different for power steering to miss the bigger steering box. Will work without power steering too, just thinking ahead.

I have heard of guys using the six towers and just moving them to the other frame holes, but yes, they are higher.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

When you get the 302 installed, you will think you have power steering. :lol:
Jim
65Truck_Nut

Post by 65Truck_Nut »

Well I Got_r_Done !!!! WEll mostly I got it bolted up and everything hooked enough to start it and listen to the dual glasspacks.Yes SIR I like the sound of a V8 much better. I did it under the stars well clouds and rain too but hung in there like a army ranger on a mission .I will put the cooling system in tommorow. Thanks for the help guys!!! I will have to comment on the power steering thing after i drive her tommorow. ........YA baby Its gona be a good year!!!!! Happy new year slicksters!!!!!!!!!