Roddoors out of biz?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Comet

Roddoors out of biz?

Post by Comet »

It's all JC's fault! :lol:
From the Hamb:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=150499
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Goodbye and good riddance is all I got to say :roll:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Comet

Post by Comet »

I knew that would tear you up, buddy! :lol:
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Roddoors is still in business. I just spoke with Kevin. This was bothering me ever since this first post because they issued me a credit awhile back for some returned seatbelts for a couple hundred bucks.

They did move to North Carolina recently and said they've been in business too long to just disappear in the night, but the move was a biggie going from one coast to another and they're still playing catchup.

So whatever problems anyone has had with them - their toll free number is still good on the website and they're still selling their goods.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks Max for setting the record straight. I see in the Hamb thread now that someone else said they got a hold of them as well. Sorry to get your hopes up JC! :lol:
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Yea and thanks to you, I've been on that HAMB site waaaaaaaaay to much lately. :wink:
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I read the hamb board once in a while but they are way too into crap like this
for me. Those are generally in the aisle that I skip at a car show, along with the rice rocket row.

Plus, so many goofballs shoving brandX mills in Fords in there, I won't sign up, because if it did it would be a flame-fest :roll: 8) :twisted:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

JC, you should hear me, Skip and BroncoTom when we go run around places. We roast everything!

It's just a new thing for me, because I am clueless as to the early, early Ford stuff so I read up any and all info. with open interest.
:D

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Those are generally in the aisle that I skip at a car show, along with the rice rocket row.

Plus, so many goofballs shoving brandX mills in Fords in there, I won't sign up, because if it did it would be a flame-fest :roll: 8) :twisted:

JC you know great minds think alike, I am thinking we could forgo the beer and go straight to the Canadian Whiskey. :lol:

Max wrote:JC, you should hear me, Skip and BroncoTom when we go run around places. We roast everything!

My bumpside friend Jamie and I are the same way, we were ripping on stuff at the Heatwave in Austin this year. Left there mad, vowed to stick with the Fun Ford Weekends. I want to go to a Good Guys show, but I am afraid it might just elevate my blood pressure too much. :shock:
Comet

Post by Comet »

Sweet custom JC! Thanks for posting it. :lol:
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

The HAMB is great.

What is that roof? Targa style? Sweet... :lol:
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Cool Caddy!

JC, I would figure you wouldn't get Kustom Kulture or hot rod stuff. The HAMB is unlike any other board in the world, and the sole reason I like it.

Trust me, there is some s**t on there that curls my toes! But at the end of the day it is totally irrelevant what someone else does with thier own property.
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

ELpolacko wrote:JC, I would figure you wouldn't get Kustom Kulture or hot rod stuff.

Yep, upon reflection, most of my favourite "Rods" are from the Factory. Deuce Flatty's, 427 Drag Mustangs, The F-100 XL, Boss 302's, 429's, Shelbys, and the looone CheXXy on the list, the '69 Z-28 302. There are also AMC's, and some Chryslers way down on the list too.

But my favourite rod of all is that '56 Crown Vic with the 514 that I put on the board about once a month, I will spare you this time. And it ain't from the factory.

Unfortunately, I never did get into the land yachts with huge whitewall tires, they always make me think they are driven by some Gomer with an ill-fitting toupee, in white shoes, with puka shells on, and a purple ultrasuede jacket. The Caddy above even matches the guys jacket, the whitewalls his hair, shoes and puka shells. :wink:
You have seen him a thousand times in Phoenix I am sure, catching the early bird special at Denny's...Seinfelds's dad's neighbour in Florida, Jack Klompus from the TV show.
Bleahhhh. :barf:

JC :
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on January 3, 2007, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Commonly referred to as "PimpCars"
Jim
Comet

Post by Comet »

It will be interesting to see how time treats your CV with the 514 or Chip Foose and his influence. You have to look at old customs with the perspective of time and understand what was going on. The late 50's were very garish, kitschy, etc. Some people view that as cheap nowadays, but others appreciate the place in time and what it represented.
I'm not saying Foose will be viewed poorly, actually people in to customs will probably always like his stuff, but the everyday man that could take or leave customs might view it as plain, watered down, cookie cutter customs in 40-50 years.
Satinblack

Post by Satinblack »

LOL! No one will be viewed badly and all will be. It depends what your into. If you can appreciate high dollar stuff then Foose is for you.

Personally I like all kinds of rods and customs. I grew up going to Oakland Colliseum Rod and Custom show every year. Those were some high dollar wild customs.

And yes I enjoy the cheap old hot rod stuff too. Back in the day they did it because they couldnt afford anything else. Today they do it because they wanna look like they can't afford it :)

Anyway, to each his own. One thing I do believe in is safety and doing things right and sadly much of the cool primer stuff you see nowdays is crap. I know a guy whom lots think is so cool, but he came to a stop one day and both his batteries fell out of his rat rod onto the street. Not my idea of cool, rather embarrassing standing out there with battery acid all over the place looking like an idiot, but to each his own.

Wish they did safety inspections rather then smog out here, ROFL. Then most of these guys would go back to building models instead of real cars
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

JC, what you got against my Sunday clothes? Thanks, Lyman.