A UNEASY FEELING

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

CaliRob

A UNEASY FEELING

Post by CaliRob »

Well I was driving my moms dog to her and I kept getting this funky smell comming from my slick...A few miles down the road it was getting worse.
I dropped off the dog and man I it was getting really bad. I stoped to get some gas and seen some smoke comming from under my cab.
I bent down to see what it was and oh my god I had left a welding glove wedged on to my gas line in witch it blew onto my exhaust and it was a smoldering right below my gas tank...Man I COULDENT GET IT OUTTA THERE FAST ENOUGH :shock: ...I put it into the bed of the truck and splached a bottle of water onto it and all that was going through my mind was what if I didn't stop...I could of been toast...
So the moral of this story is make sure if you put rags or other fabric up in areas were you need to weld...REMEMBER to take them back out so this dont happen to you.
Rob
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I hope you saved that cooked flesh.. there's kids starving in India you know.. :rotflmao:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

thanks for the safety tip.

reminds me of the time i got too close to a woodstove with my frayed carharrtt overalls. can you say @$$ burn?
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton