Overhaulin Force

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BigTim

Overhaulin Force

Post by BigTim »

Is anyone watching tonights Overhaulin? That bus is gonna be bad to the bone, but are they putting a Air Ride Mustang II front suspension under it?
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Saw that. Turned out nice!
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Saw that too, great project! Nice wheels.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Y'know I liked the bus, and I like John Force, he uses the same "lingo" as me, and likes Fords, has some real cute daughters, But I HATE when they Overhaul these rich pr!cks who can well afford to pay for it themselves. John even offered at least, to bust out the checkbook.

The show is supposed to be about ordinary deserving saps who get their dream vehicle done. Not about people exclusively in Southern California who can afford to take it anywhere they want, and then they don't appreciate it anyway.:roll:

That goober from 90210 sold his at Barrett-Jackson, the chick with the new black mustang had hers on ebay while the show aired, the guy who had his '70 Mustang done at SEMA had his up for sale within 3 months, and are Lance Armstong and Sheryl Crow or the >CNN Network< on ANYONE's poor list?

etc etc rant rant rant
don't mind me
pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
nothing to see here move along folks :twisted:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Actually I liked it because it was a short bus and I like that yellow.

Didn't see the entire build, but did see his daughters. Guess I caught the good parts.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

JC in total agreement with what you said. The SoCal thing pisses me off the most.

Next it would have to be the shamless dig for Amour-All towards the end of the build.
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

It's especially odd since Foose does ads for Mother's :?.

I typically don't like the celebrity ones either, but the Force bus is cool. They did mention he had originally wanted to use it for charity events. In his case he probably didn't have the time to get it done right. But I agree, Sheryl should have just hired someone to do Lance's GTO. Plus he already gets free Subarus...

Overhaulin' does accept applications from outside SoCal. Including Canada. ;)
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

The Big M wrote:
Overhaulin' does accept applications from outside SoCal. Including Canada. ;)

They sure don't use those apllications very much. :?
71 LONG BED

Post by 71 LONG BED »

The Big M wrote:Overhaulin' does accept applications from outside SoCal. Including Canada. ;)

And they never found any vehicle outside of Socal worth "Overhaulin'"?Image
John
Image Image Image
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

They did one early in the series in... Texas? I think, and one this season in Denver.
and the SEMA ones in Las Vegas.

So don't hold your breath for a Canuck one any time soon, Big M.
However, your home town of Red Deer will be a shoo-in in they do do one here, the audio outfit they sometimes use on OH is from there.
http://www.istation.ca/installationstation/events.html
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Wow, I had no idea. That's pretty cool. They were just on Miami Ink last night doing an install on Ami James' Mopar. I naturally figured they were from Calgary or Edmonton when they mentioned that they had come down from Alberta.

Shows what I know about car audio, I guess. I s'pose I'd rather spend money on speed parts...

I did see one Overhaulin' episode recently where they did a Monte Carlo from outside SoCal. They showed up at the guy's house first, told him he was being Overhauled, then loaded up the car and headed out to Cali. Not sure how far afield they went.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Yep I looked them up after the Miami ink episode. I liked the dog-faced boy. Reminded me of my buddy's ex-wife. At least he is not a slave to Gillette :lol:

The Monte on OH was from Denver. Can't say I am a big audio nut , either, the stuff they put in those OH cars seems to only be able to play the same part of one song.. :?
ABA

Post by ABA »

I don't care what anybody says, that '56 School Bus was awesome.

I think John was deserving enough for this build. It wasn't about the money, it was about his friends and family giving something back to him.
Like what else can you give a guy who has everything?

I was at Atlanta Dragway a few years ago when he lost in the first round.
A little while later he was in the stands with us common folk watching the final rounds. I thought that was pretty cool. 8) :wink:
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Y'know I saw an interview with Foose once, and he said he wanted to do more cars from around the country, but he sold his share of the show out to the producers after the first season, (the producer is married to the skinny girl who hosts the show), and now he just does whatever they bring him, it's usually as big a surprise to him as to anyone.

He doesn't mind, enjoys the challenge. But to me, doing these rich guys (and TV network's) cars is like taking some millionares down to the foodbank, pushing them to the front of the line in front of the homeless people, and telling them to help themselves. Just my take on it.

JC
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

I agree JC, lets write them a letter/e-mail.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Or, maybe we should just go see them :wink:
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

They should've done Iceman's bus. But at least it was another Ford.

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Guys all these shows are about money. If you think a little, you can just hear the big dogs thinking. Sure would like my old truck redone. If I get the boss to buy that show. I can figure some way to get it done free. Who doesn't want a free 200K ride? However, lets get real, cause these shows aren't. Some are better than others, but none of these have actual garages like ours. Where's the crap piled in the corner, and they all have every tool known to man. Hell some of these guys even make their own wheels for the rides. I can see me doing that. Taking a big block of aluminum and drilling a hole in the middle, and making a homemade lathe rig to turn it on. Of course right near the end of making one, the whole thing will come flying apart, run over me and I will have to start all over again, as soon as I'm well enough to move. Hell nearly any of us can build the way they do. All you have to do is have an endless supply of free parts, the best mechanics, body men, paint men etc. Nothing personal in it guys, just for the rich and famous, and once in awhile for the poor. Hell, I probably wouldn't keep a car done that way, it wouldn't be mine, although the tittle would be in my name. What I would like to see, is one poor guy, working at his truck, in a real garage, showing how it's done, when you don't have big bucks, and a garage floor clean enough to eat off. Where the engine you start with isn't pristine clean to start with, and rusted bolts and nuts are the norm. How about some real tips from real mechanics, on how to handle these kind of problems or how to dismantle something, and make it a little easier, not just how to put new parts on. Hell anyone can do that. I watch the shows, and usually enjoy these, but once in awhile, I get burnt out on the BS, and get irritated by the freebies given to the undeserving. The BS of stealing someones car, that's just plain cruel, and unnecesary.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

And now, Channel 113 proudly presents,
in living color

:rocker: the Brian the Iceman show :rocker:

this week guest-starring Zeke, the Labrador retriever
and Ernie, the Roto-rooter guy

[albumimg]735[/albumimg]
71 LONG BED

Post by 71 LONG BED »

This was discussed over at FORDification awhile back. I believe the taxes are the owners responsibility. Read here.
John
Image Image Image