63 Short Wrongbed

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Truckrat
United States of America

63 Short Wrongbed

Post by Truckrat »

I have this little 63 sitting in the backyard with engine/tranny mounts for a 302/351 already in it. I am not sure of what progress I will make on the 65 Flattie between now and next year with all the stuff I will need for it to get it on the road, so.........after some thought and consideration I am going to find an engine/tranny combo for the 63 and do what it needs to put it back on the road. It was a running driving truck a couple of years ago and then my son decided to pull the 302 out and drop it in a Mustang. Wish it still looked as good as this picture. Anyhow, I'll get to work on it and get it going again. Don't have those wheels anymore either, but I have some others that will work. TR

[albumimg]3267[/albumimg][b][i]
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

looks like a good project to me gary.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Gary, I would put that truck back together to look just like the pic - it has a ton of attitude!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

:iagree:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

As Chris said "looks like a good project". As I've said before, I'm starting to like the "wrong bed's" more and more...particularly in a dark color. Keep us posted on your progress.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Gary so your going to get one of the backyarders running again. Good for you.
Tom Williams
Truckrat
United States of America

63 short wrongbed

Post by Truckrat »

This one sits lower due to some leafs removed from the springs. Would like to find some monos like Greg put on his uni if I could. That would make it ride nice. Needs new shock mounts on the front. The other ones got bent when my son hit the back of a Lincoln with it. Anyone have a set they don't need? TR

[albumimg]3266[/albumimg]
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: 63 short wrongbed

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Truckrat wrote:This one sits lower due to some leafs removed from the springs. Would like to find some monos like Greg put on his uni if I could. That would make it ride nice. Needs new shock mounts on the front. The other ones got bent when my son hit the back of a Lincoln with it. Anyone have a set they don't need? TR

[albumimg]3266[/albumimg]

go for it Gary.

i have shock towers, send me a pm.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Truckrat
United States of America

63 Short Wrongbed

Post by Truckrat »

[b][i]Here she is as she looks right now. Shot these this morning after I mowed. Lots of cosmetics to take car of, but a few hours with a sander will do wonders. Got a nice 61 grill for it, so that 65 grill will be coming out. Got to get a new tank to put under the bed at the back. What fits the best? Bronco II, Mustang, .........? :dontknow:

[albumimg]6006[/albumimg] [albumimg]6005[/albumimg] [albumimg]6007[/albumimg]
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

That fat fender yours too? I LOVE the satin purple on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
Truckrat
United States of America

satin purple fat fender

Post by Truckrat »

Yep Greg, She's mine, too. Used to be maroon. Satin color is results of 15 years in the Oklahoma sun and a one coat paint job by PO. Trans is needing a rebuild along with a rebuilt steering box and front axle. Would like to put a FI 302 or 351 and a AOD in it. Got a 460 in it now with a C6. Sure does weigh down the frontend. Springs are tired too no doubt. Set of monos all the way around with reversed eyes and a 3inch dropped axle from Sids would be nice on it. Keepin it all bolt on makes life easy doesn't it. TR:thumright:

[albumimg]5914[/albumimg]
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

56 had the best roof and windshield imho. they look killer.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Greg D
United States of America

Re: satin purple fat fender

Post by Greg D »

Truckrat wrote:Yep Greg, She's mine, too. Used to be maroon. Satin color is results of 15 years in the Oklahoma sun and a one coat paint job by PO. Trans is needing a rebuild along with a rebuilt steering box and front axle. Would like to put a FI 302 or 351 and a AOD in it. Got a 460 in it now with a C6. Sure does weigh down the frontend. Springs are tired too no doubt. Set of monos all the way around with reversed eyes and a 3inch dropped axle from Sids would be nice on it. Keepin it all bolt on makes life easy doesn't it. TR:thumright:

[albumimg]5914[/albumimg]

Looks absolutely bitchin just like it is.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

8) Gary, I agree with Greg and Kenny!, it looks tuff in that pic!, now with the tank, have a look at a Pajero tank before you make up your mind!, they have in tank primary pumps if needed and they hold 90+ litres, about 24 gallons imperial that is!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Oh I wouldn't change the looks of it really, like it the way it is, too. Just would do the changes underneath and inside. Making it more user friendly and driveable is where I want to go with it. Would like to change the driver's side rear fender to a smooth one instead of a notched one. Never did care for the sidemount on there. PO had a reversed chrome wheel on it and it stuck out into view all the time in the left side mirror. Took it off a long time ago. Guess I'll repaint it someday, but need to get a Slick on the road first. TR

BTW Alan, where would I find a Pajero around here? What is a Pajero? excuseme.gif :dontknow: shrug.gif
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I still think you need to repaint that wrongbed just like it used to be. 2 colours of gray primer and the blue flames and flat clear it - it was just WAY badass like that! Blue painted or chrome steelies would be just as good as the slots too, any of the 3 good to go! Set of old (not new looking) slots kick ass on it, stance is dead on for it too!
Bro you can't ask for an easier way to go and have that kind of cool!

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
Truckrat
United States of America

primer

Post by Truckrat »

Yeah, I always liked the gray primer better than the brown, but it was what we had at the time. My son layed out the flames on it. Did pretty good didn't he! Greg, you are reading my mind on the blue steelies. That was my thought about the truck, too. Most all the gray primer on it came from rattle cans that he would buy seems like every other day. Don't think he did much prep work, just sprayed away at it. I will use some better stuff, but get the same effect. If I run onto a set of slots I like I may put them on, but I have a bunch of steelies, so..........
You know what I'm thinkin' eh! Glad you like the truck. When you come down in August, I'll show it to ya. Give me a heads up on when in August, ok. TR
:P
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: 56

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Truckrat wrote:Oh I wouldn't change the looks of it really, like it the way it is, too. Just would do the changes underneath and inside. Making it more user friendly and driveable is where I want to go with it. Would like to change the driver's side rear fender to a smooth one instead of a notched one. Never did care for the sidemount on there. PO had a reversed chrome wheel on it and it stuck out into view all the time in the left side mirror. Took it off a long time ago. Guess I'll repaint it someday, but need to get a Slick on the road first. TR

BTW Alan, where would I find a Pajero around here? What is a Pajero? excuseme.gif :dontknow: shrug.gif

:oops: sorry Gary, I thought they were in the US!, I believe they were in the US in the late 80`s- early 90`s as a Dodge Raider, the model my tank came from is a 96 Pajero, Goofed again!
here`s a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Pajero
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Ahh Alan we do have the "Mitsubishi Montero" here.
Tom Williams
Truckrat
United States of America

Pajero?

Post by Truckrat »

Ok Alan, Mitsubishi Montero does ring a bell. Didn't know they went under so many different names. Monteros are easy to find, so a tank would be, too. What years of car/truck/suv did you get yours from? I had thought of using one from a Bronco II. TR