PFM's 65 Crew Cab F250

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Re: PFM's 65 Crew Cab F250

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Bummer Chris! If I get my a** in gear, maybe we can have two Slick Crews in 2014.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

They would not have been by themselves because I would be right behind them on the way up.
But yeah, glad it didn't happen halfway to KC. Grits, if I get by butt in gear I will have a Slick at SS6
with you and Chris and hopefully JC and the rest of the Slickless folks. See you soon. TR
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Sorry to hear Chris. That is a real bummer. I know how hard you have been working to get the crew going. Safe travels however you get to KC, we can drown your sorrows there
Mark

PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

{Said in Loud Deep voice} And in the 11th hour........................................................................................
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

What, what...!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Kinda sounds like somebody may sleep through the first day of slickstock due to burning the midnight oil to get his slick there :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

oh man, that sucks to hear. just step back, take a deep breath and load the family up in the dd and just be here to hang out. the truck can wait. see you all this week!
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

Well to finish my last post. The OSS sensor was the main problem with the tranny. Dang this. I had a thought Saturday night. Yes drinking a beer sitting on the tailgate. The OSS sensor has 2 wire and has 2 spots to goto in the computer. Well I took the neg side to ground and the sensors went to working as it should. Needless to say I made it to SS5 in the crew cab. I still have a couple shift tuning things needed but all in all the truck is here. Some pics below. First one was from OKC when we meet up with Gary.

64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
64 F100
61 Merc
Canada

Post by 61 Merc »

Looks good Chris, but how do you lock the truck?

Dean
61 Mercury SWB Uni - Project
62 Mercury SWB BBW - Race truck
63 Ford SWB Uni - Daily driver (Jinx)
63 Ford SWB Uni - Parts truck
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

From the looks of the bug splatters, that windshield was a good investment :P
Glad you made it!
CU soon,
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Sweet! See you soon.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Nice looking crew cab. Keep up the great work. Like white/blue paint and can't wait too see bed matched in. Tony
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

Figured it was time to update my build again. The good news is the CrewCab made it to SS5 and survied a couple of days. :) The bad news is the tranny gutted it self on the way to LMC to take pictures. :x

Thursday night we were at David's house for some great BBQ and fun. Then we decided it was a good time to pull the tranny from the truck. David suggest we use his shop to do this instead of the hotel parking lot. Thank you david it was a great help.

So a couple of us go back to the hotel and Tom (FlashBackF100) gave the CC a ride to David's.

This is Tom's phone number. He does more than towing he also does parts and other stuff. :)

So we get to taking the Tranny out. Now for anyone that has a 65/66 that they are redoing I suggest cutting the rivits out of the tranny Cross Memeber. This way you can remove it to get the tranny out. Remember to replace the rivits with grade 8 bolts. We had a lot of help to remove this tranny also had a bunch in the cheering section. At one point I couldn't get under my truck because there were so many people under it I didn't have room. :) Thank you all for helping.

I was trying to get the top tranny bolt out. It wasn't easy. :)
Tranny is finally out. That is Dean in the picture.

Bad tranny is now out. Yes I kicked it.. :)

We (Jim N) found a local tranny shop to get this rebuild. They turned it around quick on Friday as we didn't have the time to wait. :)

The tranny looked nice but after we replaced it then got all the fluid, etc in we found a problem. The tranny would work in R-2-1 but when you would put it into Drive it would barley start making the truck move then would slip 99%. SOB... grrrr..

Needless to say with the tranny shop closed for the weekend and the tranny still dead I hired Tom to haul the CC back to TX and then rented a car to get the family home.

Now with the CC back home I need to pull the tranny again.. uggg...

I did call the tranny shop and they were surpized as us that there was a problem. I should hear back from the tranny shop later this week with what options they want to do to get this fixed. Most likly the tranny will be shipped back to KC then back to me. We will see stay tuned.
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
64 F100
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Chris sorry to hear of your tranny woes . I have to ask what type of tranny you are running as in if its an AOD it may just need some adjusting on the cables to work right they are real picky about having things in proper adjustment . that is one of the main reasons I am keeping everything together on my crown vic chassis and sticking with the fuel injection . Less chance of my screwing up the tranny :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

Rick the tranny is a 4r70w. It replaced the E4OD tranny and it is all electronic for tv and shifting. Nothing that I can screw up :)
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
64 F100
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Chris, Keep us informed on how this all works out. I hope for the best. :)

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Thursday nite at Daves place is a perfect example of how this group steps up to help when needed. I swear at one time there were three sets of legs sticking out of each side under the crew and one or two guys under the hood all at the same time. Makes me proud to be a member of a group like this.

Keep us updated on the trans and let us know what happens
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

chris, please keep us posted. nkc transmissions has a pretty good rep so i am wondering what happened and what they are going to do about it.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
noley99

Post by noley99 »

Sorry to hear about your transmission troubles Chris but I have to say I am proud to be a member of such a society. One that takes care of one another and will go to no end. Very impressive guys, very impressive. You all should give yourself a pat on the back for trying to make Chris' SS one to remember. I can't wait to get to a point where I can make a trip like this and meet all of you.

Ashley :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Family First!
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

I think it's safe to say that it definitely was one for Chris to remember, even if no member assistence had been offered (especially when the bills arrive :P)!
I have a good idea of the overall effort and expense Chris and Jennie put into the Crew in order to make it drivable for SS5.
Being somewhat new to this organization, and particularily Slick Stock, I was quite happily surprised! Truckrat and Kid had chided me that this was more like a family reunion than a car meet when I mentioned my wife was not a "car person". I can only retort that I have a fairly solid family, and the actions of members well exceeded anything I would expect of family. I was especially impressed by Casey 65 and Kid's actions plus Dave's, as well as those of Tom, who had stated that he and Kathy were there as members, not vendors, then proceeded to repeatedly prove it by putting pending business on hold to aid a member!
I can only say, ya'll are stuck with me and Connie now; I'll just have to be sure I strive to live up to the examples in evidence at this gathering!
Chris, any update on the trans?
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul