My 65 F250

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ccain

Post by ccain »

Well, after much debate about seating the wife asked why I don't just reupholster the seat. She suggested that she could sew up heavy material with her semi-industrial sewing machine. I said "if you wanna try, be my guest."

We went to Jo-Ann's and found some heavy nylon upholstery fabric that matches the truck's color really well and bought it. The fabric reminds me of 1950's and 60's luxury car upholstery. It was on sale for half off! :D
After two days, 4 yards of fabric (we have some left), 4 small diameter metal rods, some wire and about 56 hog rings it looks like this. We used 1" foam to cover the factory foam seat core on the bottom and to stretch over the seat back springs.

65_Slick
United States of America

Post by 65_Slick »

WOW! That seat looks great!

Marty
Marty
MSGT - Retired Air Force
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I am going to try and do my own also, and boy, I hope mine turns out that nice.... really looks good,
Anthony
fire truck

Post by fire truck »

Man that turned out sweet!
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

:thumright: Nice work
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
Obsa
United States of America

Post by Obsa »

I agree very nice! :thumright: :thumright:
As my dad used to say, somewhere there was a horse that died a painful death from terminal constipation due to missing a key part of its anatomy.
tschmitt

Post by tschmitt »

wow great job! Goes great with the interior color.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Nice work!, your wife is definately a keeper!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
jammck66

Post by jammck66 »

seat looks great! you guys did an awesome job!!
had a quick look at mine, looks like it was a hotel for mice and rats for the last 8 yrs!! lol
1966 F-100. Family heirloom. (the bale hauler)
2007 can-am outlander 800XT
2007 2500 dodge c/c s/b hemi. (JUNK!!!!)
2003 F-350 8" BDS lift. 6.0L-- BIG & FAST!-- looking for an automatic trans.
ccain

Post by ccain »

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I finished up the headliner install too. The damned old truck is actually starting to look half way decent.

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I must say, your truck is looking very respectable...... very nice
ABA

Post by ABA »

Yes sir, not a thing to be ashamed of there. :wink: 8)
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
ccain

Post by ccain »

OK gang... Here's a couple of questions for ya. I've seen some posts here that say the C6 is the way to go for an auto trans swap. Everything I've read says to make sure the C6 is from a donor that had an FE engine so it will mate up to the 352. My radiator already appears to have the ports for cooler lines and are merely blocked off with fittings.

So, what flexplate do I get to make sure the starter works with no issue?
Also, what years do I look for when trying to locate the C6? Will I have any issues with the trans due to the gearing of the Dana60?
I have a steering column from my 64 Fairlane with an auto shifter on it... Do you think it's interchangeable?

Thanks
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Any truck C6 from a FE
C6 will be fine in front of the Dana rear. Not sure of your gear raito might be a little high for highway cruising around town it'll be fine
I'd say no to the Fairlane column working. You can try comparing it & seeing just to know for sure.
Tom Williams
ccain

Post by ccain »

Thanks Tom!!! 8)
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

wow! that seat looks awsome. the whole truck is really looking good.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
ccain

Post by ccain »

ezernut9mm wrote:wow! that seat looks awsome. the whole truck is really looking good.

Thanks!!!
bluebolt

Column

Post by bluebolt »

ccain wrote:OK gang... Here's a couple of questions for ya. I've seen some posts here that say the C6 is the way to go for an auto trans swap. Everything I've read says to make sure the C6 is from a donor that had an FE engine so it will mate up to the 352. My radiator already appears to have the ports for cooler lines and are merely blocked off with fittings.

So, what flexplate do I get to make sure the starter works with no issue?
Also, what years do I look for when trying to locate the C6? Will I have any issues with the trans due to the gearing of the Dana60?
I have a steering column from my 64 Fairlane with an auto shifter on it... Do you think it's interchangeable?

Thanks

Do you have plans for power steering? If so this is a great time to add the later (shorter) automatic power steering column.

And if you are going to keep it manual steering I have a 1966 automatic column I would swap for your 4 speed column :D
ccain

Re: Column

Post by ccain »

bluebolt wrote:
Do you have plans for power steering? If so this is a great time to add the later (shorter) automatic power steering column.

And if you are going to keep it manual steering I have a 1966 automatic column I would swap for your 4 speed column :D

Well, that sounds like a plan. Although, I may go with a Lokar shifter. I dunno.

Here's another dumb question. Is the back of a 352 the old 5 bolt style like they used on 64 and earlier 289's? I have a C4 in the shop right now that is freshly rebuilt and it has the early SBF 5 bolt bell housing.
bluebolt

Re: Column

Post by bluebolt »

ccain wrote:Here's another dumb question. Is the back of a 352 the old 5 bolt style like they used on 64 and earlier 289's? I have a C4 in the shop right now that is freshly rebuilt and it has the early SBF 5 bolt bell housing.

The FE engine has it's own unique bellhousing pattern. You need a C6 from behind a 360 or 390 along with the corresponding flexplate. Should you come across a 410 or 428 C6 the trans is right but the flexplate is the wrong balance.