remanufactured engines

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

shane amigoni

remanufactured engines

Post by shane amigoni »

can anyone tell me where i can buy a 351 windsor new or remanufactured without a core charge. I cant afford a crate motor i just want a stock motor that i can add a couple horse power to. Every auto parts place flip out when I tell them i dont have one to trade in. I tell them i could give them a 352 but they just look at me funny
DCarr

Post by DCarr »

You might not want to give up on the '52. About the same weight with an aluminum intake-maybe
lighter with aluminum heads. They also are capable of decent mileage if built for it.
Tune For Maximum Smoke ___________________________________ 64 F100 Longsmoothie 65 Mustang Fastback
motormount1

motor mount

Post by motormount1 »

you are probilly going to spend as much to build the 351 and get all the stuff you need to do the swap. just rebuild the 352.
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Just curious, how much is the core charge? Might be worth it to pay it and not worry about it a replacement core.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
shane amigoni

Post by shane amigoni »

Thats true. if I'm on a budget i might just keep the 352. it already has a edelbrock manifold and carb and some other performance parts. core charge is about $300 and some places wont do it at all without one. anyway thanks guys