For you Nascar guys, who are you pulling for?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

JC your showing your age again :oops:
FYI you were close first FWD was pontiac Grand Prix
but you were right in the sense that Chebby guys got there way through political lobbying but it was monte carlo return that started all the B.S. :bs: :cry:
when nascar made conscessions to them because their new body sucked.
Last car from manufacturer that was a true proper wheel base rear wheel drive was the T-Bird.
And i agree with you guys nascar today is like the WWE all about the crap racing is secoundary. :stick:
IMHO if you want to watch anything close to real racing that is under the nascar banner is the truck series the place to go. tickets are cheap and the yuppie nextel cup fans all go sit in their RV's during that race because they are NOT RACE FANS! THEY ARE NEXTEL CUP FANS!!!!!! :iamwithstupid:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

castruck_1964 wrote:And i agree with you guys nascar today is like the WWE all about the crap racing is secoundary. :stick:

Hmm do I hear Vince McMahon calling..
:cry:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

FWIW, ARCA is a stand up racing event. In the BiKiNi we got FASCAR too, which today is what NASCAR "used to was" back in the day. . 8) :lol:
I think their site is: http://fascar.org/html/photogallery.shtml Mark Martins son runs here ar New Smyrna.The 1/4 mile straight line I run at from time to time is Orlando.

All venues are run what ya brung racing, regular events cost about 30 for tech & Pit passes to run and maybe $10 -$15 to spectate. It's the good ol' days type racin' only it's right now, if you care more about racin than the Personalities, Glitz & Hype of the "BIG TIME" circus :roll:

FBp :roll:
Change is the Only Constant
F-Zilla

Post by F-Zilla »

I ewas about to be done with Nascar too, till Rudd came back this year to drive for Yates, so I'll give it another round, besides, tailgating and camping is still fun. Ever since young France took over Things went from a gradual downhill slope to a cliff. Theres squable going on at DEI between JR and his step mammy. A good rumor to start would be that Jr is going to Mikey Racing to drive a Toyota! That would crumble the sport!
BUY FORD, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MOTOR COMPANY!

65 F100
66 F100
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I'm with ya on the tailgating and camping, I live real close to Dover, so I take my camper for the weekend. I go to all 3 races that weekend, I still get a adrenelin rush when the flag is dropped.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Poor Charlie...his favorite sport keeps getting picked on. :wink:
I quit watching NA$CAR back when they still had chrome bumpers on the cars. King Richard was my hero. I even had my parents take me to a race at Daytona as part of our vacation. It was so much more 'pure' then. Now it's just too commercialized, and then there's that whole restrictor plate racing thing... :roll:
I'm also boycotting any NA$CAR related programming since it has completely ruined the SPEED channel for me. :?
This is real American car racing:
http://www.americanironracing.com/
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Dwight how can that be racing with no Toyotas? :roll:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Racing is OK Really lost interest when # 28 Davey Allison was killed, oh yes still watch but now Mark's gone I watch the trucks more Who wants to watch those crybabie chevys race & restrictor place racing is nothing but politics since NASCAR Knows that without those plates Ford will kick there buts since making the Ford's breathe without plates the Fords will OUTRUN ANY BROKEDOWN CHEVY at any given time, Example Talledaga Bill Elliot was 2 laps down & won the race & before Lucky Dog Junk cause that T-BIRD was breathing & no-body could catch it thats why restrictor plate racing so the cry baby chevys could win
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
chop

Post by chop »

I stopped watching when Jimmy Spencer left. I still say you couldn't melt Kurt Busch and pour him on Jimmy LOL. I pulled for Davey before he died, and Mark Martin and Bill Elliot.
I was Crew Chief on a NASCAR Goody's Dash Series team for several years in the early 90's and there was too much politics in NASCAR then, and it has only gotten worse.
Chop
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Dwight how can that be racing with no Toyotas? :roll:

LOL, JC even better, NASA events are generally free to spectators since it's not a paying sport. Everyone who races foots their own bill, no prize money. :shock:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Hey Dwight , don't matter to me, everybody has a opinion. Some body likes it, at Dover it holds around 156,000, always full. Twice as many as the superbowl, and they have to do it every weekend. Maybe they should get rid of pitroad speed limit, roll bars, tethers and fuel cell like the good ol days, how many Ford Talledega's did you see on the road? At least I can take my own food and refreshments and never have to spend a dime unlike getting raped for that kinda stuff at a football game. I'll get down now.
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
ABA

Post by ABA »

I'm pulling for anyone NOT driving a Toyota :twisted:

My favorite driver for the last 3years and also the Last Winston Cup Champion, Matt Kenseth.

I got addicted to NASCAR back when Awesome Bill from Dawsonville was setting all those speed records, but since that cell phone company took over about all I will watch now are the short tracks.
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

flippedon nascar tv for a bit tonite aka speed chanel.
they were inerviewing bodine , as progam ended the mentioned that there were still tickets for 500 available :shock: . some even in the spencer zone on the back stretch. :hm: :dontknow:
could it be that real race fans are starting to stay home :?: :oops:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken