slick diecast/models?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

thrush544

slick diecast/models?

Post by thrush544 »

Other than a 1/64 Racing Champion 65 F-100 and a 1/18 Sun Star 65 F-100, does anyone know of any diecast/models of slicks on the market? I have tried to buy a vintage AMT 61-63 Unibody on ebay several times, however prices usually go well above 100 bucks and I just have too many parts that money can purchase.

Thanks,
God Bless,
Ed
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I have the Sunstar 1/18 and a Racing Champions 1/64 one of the rarer Turquoise & White 2 tone ones. I am converting the Sunstar into a flareside. I want to snatch one of the Blue & White 2 tones too.
There were some Nylint (?) tinplate toys of Slicks.
Ertl did a 1/25 short bed diecast bank which was sold in Black with a 66 grill for WIX filters and with a 65 grill for Kmart in Blue - I have the Kmart one.
Ideal Toy Co had a 64 long bed that came in Tan, Red, Aqua, maybe blue. I have Tan and a Red one of those.
I have 1 AMT Uni and one Promo model based on the AMT kit - both were kind of rough so they are being built but not restored. Modelhaus makes some restoration parts for those kits. I have a resin cast cab that was a recast from the Uni kit - the guy who did them passed away before I got a Uni from him.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

i have some of these... they have 2 AA bateries in them
can run them on a track or on a hard floor... made in the late 60s by MOTORIFIC
they came in 4 colors ...red/green/blue/creme.... they go for about 15-45 $ on EBAY
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
65 66 Ford

Post by 65 66 Ford »

Sunstar made slicks in 4 different colors plus the Good Humor version. There is also the Sturgis HOG slick from a few years ago.
Fran

65 Ford F100 CC style side looooongbedddddd

Be American buy American
thrush544

Post by thrush544 »

I had forgotten about the Ertl bank for WIX filters. I had one of those Motorific sets when I was a kid. My grandparents got it for me, played with it for hours apon hours.
I also remember Huskey made a 63 or 64 slick tow truck as my grandfather had a couple on his HO train layout.
I don't think I ever saw the Sturgis HOG slick.
Maybe we should start a letter or something to that effect to get some more slicks produced?

Also there was a HO slot car

[img][albumimg]6606[/albumimg][/img][albumimg]6607[/albumimg][img][albumimg]6608[/albumimg][/img]