site suggestion

This is a temporary forum set up to report bugs on the site, and to request additional features

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

61ford

site suggestion

Post by 61ford »

ive got a suggestion i seen a 6cyl site that had a ebay forum where you could post links to stuff for sale on ebay.why not make a forum on here where you could post links to slick related stuff on ebay and maybe have the posts trimmed every two weeks or so?
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

does not bother me but heres the gist:
long time ago, on msn site some did that and there was an issue with folks who spent a lot of time looking thru many pages of e-bay to find what they wanted, then see it posted and got to thinking that the ones finding the stuff in the posts were getting to see and bid on the items without doing their own search.im not going to debate that issue either pro or con.
i do not e-bay much anymore, i think it has gotten to be a joke and the fees and spam are getting to be :bs: too.
i did try not to bid against other members when i know their e-bay handle unless i really need that item, to avoid driving up the price.
not sure where the rest of you are on this but those who were around when the listings were posted on msn know the story and should comment.

i pesonally have decided i would rather deal directly with members on parts, pardon my Image
but Image e-bay and paypal, no fees get you cheaper parts.
and if you are doing a 1 on 1 sale , care more about the quality of the part= no junk.
e-bay is get what you get.
membership has benefits.
you are not happy with what you get from me, send it back and get your $ back.
i have heard a few unhappy tales from sales between members too, not going to say it never happens but i think it is a rare occurence.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
61ford

Post by 61ford »

that makes sense iceman it could cause a problem like that and may drive up cost of parts.i just threw it out thought it might be a good thing and that site handles theres pretty good seems like.i like ebay but it is getting too many fees.They went up last july and got a letter other day its going up another nickel in january plus with the paypal fees and packaging fees ive started charging a shipping and handling fee to he cover that.Ive only had one problem with buying something and ive had more problems just buying one on one and i really prefer ebay but no problems at all as a seller i just tell them whats wrong with it and let them ask any other questions.
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I was one of the ones who spent hours and hours searching ebay, often to be Jacked by one with the handle "Imalooker", every time an ebay item was posted in the old forum.

I like to snipe my stuff at the end, I use auctionsniper, and would just a soon not bid at all in the early part of the bidding.

But posting the stuff brought the goobers out of the woodwork, lurkers using our free forum to find their stuff rather than look themselves, then driving the price up. Often, in Imalooker's case especially, after running the price thru the roof, he would take off and not bid on the item at the end, it was just like a sport to him to run the price thru the roof and leave.

So for sellers, it was a good thing for these clowns to show up. But for primarily bidders like me, it was a nightmare.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

My feelings are that it's an open market. We can't possibly know all the Slick members Ebay handles. So sometimes members are competing for the same goods. So what! If it gets to a price that is to much, drop out. I do that frequently and sometimes I think I can detect a schill so I'm turned off. I have bought and sold a lot of stuff on Ebay. Overall it has been a good experience. Yes the rates have increased. You see that when you list an item. If it's too much money, edit the listing or remove it. Everybody doesn't dance to the tune of the same fiddler. Just the ramblings of an old man......................
Jim