Its finally a camper special

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64fordf100292v8

Its finally a camper special

Post by 64fordf100292v8 »

After converting my truck to a F250 I finally get to put it to use. Found a nice Early 70's overhead camper for a good price and couldnt pass it up. :D [albumimg]6620[/albumimg][/img]
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Kewl dan. Have you got the Cummins in it too?
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I wouldn't mind finding one of those for mine when i'm done. I'll have to start looking, not that I have the $'s for it , but still cool.
Anthony
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I have a camper for my slick, well sort of?

At least it is a place to sleep.

A view from the back side, I may put it on my truck at some point. I just have to acclimate myself to the idea. I think the truck looks good as a day cab. For now it will have to reside in the nose of the trailer, I do intend to install it on my low bed trailer, the low bed trailer has a dove tail and is easier to load cars and trucks on.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
deviant1

Post by deviant1 »

Michelle, please leave your truck a day cab. It would begin to look more modern with the sleeper, and it looks great the way it is now.
61 f100 shortbed unibody
64fordf100292v8

Post by 64fordf100292v8 »

:iagree: I really like the look of the day cab too.

Sorry Johnny no Cummins yet, with working two jobs to stay a float ive been really pressed for time. Maybe this winter I can get it in. I practically have everything im going to need to install it. :D
Gary Seymour
United States of America

Post by Gary Seymour »

Nice camping rig! My family did a lot of camping in the UP of Michigan and northern Wisconsin when I was growing up, and I recall seeing those everywhere, usually pulling a boat/trailer with them. That brings back alot of memories! :D
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

UP of Michigan the home of camping fishing & hunting. The big one though is Mosquito swatting. :lol: :lol:
Tom Williams
65f100_Thug
United States of America

Post by 65f100_Thug »

NICE CAMPER!! Those were the days there,just drive. The modern rvs are not too much punkin in a wreck. Ive seen too many RV wrecks and they explode like a trailer house in a tornado. this way you'll have a good old thick american steel cab for protection,and wont be pulling a trailered RV wobbling all over the road. Not to mention the COOL FACTOR! thats the real deal.

Michelle ...I agree with the guys about the sleeper thing. Its the back of the cab on top that gives the slicks alot of class in my book.Its just too COOL to put a box on.
HAVE YOU DISASSEMBLED A FORD LATELY?

10136 98349929981298119816
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

OK guys, yall have talked me out of putting the sleeper on the Slick. It will stay on the trailer. I am going to move it to the low deck trailer as I am getting rid of the trailer it is on now.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

Nothing like a vintage trailer and a vintage truck. I have two old vintage trailers.
One a scotty

http://fordtruk.com/forums/album_pic.ph ... user_id=25

And the other is a Aristocrat

http://fordtruk.com/forums/album_pic.ph ... user_id=25

The scotty is so easy to pull you don't know its there. Its for longer trips. I have pulled it with my Mazda truck and my old sunfire. I have to get a new drop down ball for the hitch on my slick. Its to high as it is.
The Aristocrat from what I can tell the only one of its model in existance. I checked with one of the main guys at the factory and he checked with the guy who started the company. I was lucky to get in touch with them before they both died. They had been lifelong friend and died within hours of old age. They said it was probably a prototype and was never put into production. An elderly couple bought it from the factory and brought it here. I bought it affter they had died and redone it. The old Aristocrats were painted white and a blue almost the same color as my slick so I had the blue matched up with my slick. And the campers were a heck of faster and easier to redo than my slick was. I was even invited to bring my scotty with the slick to the local rod run when it starts in the spring.
factorystock

Post by factorystock »

aa
Last edited by factorystock on December 27, 2009, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

Willy,
Both of your bumper hitch campers are WAY SWEET! :dancing:
I like the way you painted them to match your Slick too! -- TOO NICE! :cheers:

Factorystock,
Does your pickup camper brochure tell you how much it weighs? --- It looks heavy! :popcorn:

BarnieTrk :steering:
jammck66

Post by jammck66 »

Sweet setup! Jen's (my wife) grampa had a 1973 f-250 with a '74 truck camper on it. nothin' but Style and Character rolling down the highway.
now he's got a 91 f-250. :cry:
1966 F-100. Family heirloom. (the bale hauler)
2007 can-am outlander 800XT
2007 2500 dodge c/c s/b hemi. (JUNK!!!!)
2003 F-350 8" BDS lift. 6.0L-- BIG & FAST!-- looking for an automatic trans.