winter humor...you know its cold when...

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

winter humor...you know its cold when...

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

you know its cold when you have to unzip 5 zippers to take a leak. Had 7 layers on not counting my birthday suit today. Crisp -45 at work. I know Iceman can relate to this.

Glad to see global warming is alive and well :twisted:
Mark

66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I'd say thats cold, now they call it "Climate Change" to cover all the bases.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Mark we got snow today.
Tom Williams
66 POJ

Re: winter humor...you know its cold when...

Post by 66 POJ »

Hoofbeat Racer wrote:you know its cold when you have to unzip 5 zippers to take a leak. Had 7 layers on not counting my birthday suit today. Crisp -45 at work. I know Iceman can relate to this.

I probably could not reach it through all those layers! :lol:
1966 F-100 LB
1966 F-250 LB
2003 F-150 ex-cab 4x4
2003 Explorer EB
2004 Mach 1

Frank
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Mark, at least you were warm after unzipping only 5 of the 7 layers.

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Be almost worth getting a cathador or a siphon hose. thats alot of layers to get thru without spillage.

Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

66fordtrucknut wrote:Be almost worth getting a cathador or a siphon hose. thats alot of layers to get thru without spillage.

Charlie

:( Charlie, the cold fingers wouldnt help none!, sometimes just 1 layer takes too long! :cry:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

We could eliminate ANY possibility of global warming if the politicians would just shut up.

:rotflmao:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

it got so cold here -4* ( KANSAS ) that a politician put his hands in his own pockets....... coldwithsnow.gif
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: winter humor...you know its cold when...

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Hoofbeat Racer wrote:you know its cold when you have to unzip 5 zippers to take a leak. Had 7 layers on not counting my birthday suit today. Crisp -45 at work. I know Iceman can relate to this.

been there and funny thing is after all that trouble, the pi$$ is frozen by the time it hits the ground
:lol:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

and be careful not to dribble down the front of your bibs. lol.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Why is it when they predict it's going to be minus 30 , they have it nailed right down to the minute of temperature decrease. But when they predict a Chinook, it goes... "oops we meant tomorrow"... "sorry, sorry ,the next day", "Wups we really meant Thursday".... then it's "uh oh, its gonna be Monday.." and so on.

I have tried and tried and tried to ignore this and be positive about the whole thing.. but this happens EVERY time. On the 11:00 news last night they told me that overnight it was going from -27 to plus 1. I woke up to minus 23. Grrr :argue: riot.gif :fart:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
charliemccraney

Post by charliemccraney »

Oh how I do not miss the winters of Montreal.

RE climate change, I don't need politicians to notice something happening. I for one have noticed odd weather over the past years, before global warming was a household topic. Weather it is the natural progression of nature or an anomaly brought on by the human race, which is a product of nature, I don't know. That anomaly could be a direct result of our influence on our environment. The human race does have a history of bad decisions about the environment. Think about the number of exotic species of plants and animals we bring in to "correct" a problem. That exotic species then becomes a problem because it has no predators or competition. Sometimes it seems that the smarter we get, the dumber we get. The "anomaly" can also be the result of a conjecture based in our naive understanding of our world. When one considers the billions of years that the Earth has been around, our 200 years or so of recording and studying weather is barely a blink of an eye. They can't even predict rain next week with any degree of accuracy that I've noticed. I don't think anyone truly knows what is going to happen. Warming, cooling, changing, I definitely think something is happening.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

I tend to agree, Charlie. Climate and weather models are a product of advanced mathematical calculations that can be greatly influenced by manipulating inputs and assumptions. And on top of that the results are usually open to interpretation. Add that to a polarizing issue like climate change and pile on some rhetoric and media spin from sources that may very well be biased, and it makes for a giant mess of confusion for the average citizen.

While I don't necessarily think a cold snap disproves climate change on its own, I will say it's certainly a hard sell at -40! :lol:
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

al gore is a crackpot
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
macgiobuin

Post by macgiobuin »

You know it's cold when dogs keep getting stuck on the fire hydrants.
My Baby: 1966 F100