Login Problems

This is a temporary forum set up to report bugs on the site, and to request additional features

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

JimDog
United States of America

Login Problems

Post by JimDog »

I have been receiving reports that some of you who use Internet Explorer ( :roll: ) have been having some problems logging in. In some cases, you can log in, but after logging out, you can't log back in again. Or sometimes. It keeps asking you to log back in, even after you have done so.

I think that all of these login issues have been PERMANENTLY resolved. If you are still experiencing problems with login, it may be that your computer is storing some bad information, and you have to remove it. So if any of you are having problems logging in, please do the following:

1. Open Internet Explorer, then go to the "Tools" menu and select "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Delete Cookies" button. A small window will pop up asking if you are sure. Click "OK". Then click the "OK" button to dismiss the Internet Options window.
3. Close Internet Explorer.
4. Open Internet Explorer
5. Come back to the site and log in

This process will remove the old, incorrect information that was being stored on your computer, and replace it with updated, correct information.
Comet

Post by Comet »

I have IE, and the only problem I had was just now I had to re-log in despite setting it to log in automatically. But I suspect that is because of the fixes you were working on.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Jim,
Thanks!. .
I've had no problems here lately since you did whatever you did. But I have no clue what my password is now.... ? :roll:

I did all you suggest above, before you tweaked the prgrm. Then I got shut out again. I did it again losong my original Password, which I know & use elsewhere. Unfortunately I've 3 passwords entered in here by now & don't know which 1 I'm running on. :oops:

The system here generated 2 in "Eye Chart" instead of english. I have been on here & functional but have ni clue what password I'm using. Is there anyway I can get back to my original password? Or is it an unwise move?

Without knowing password I'm using, I can't log on from remote terminal. Like I would do when I'm on the road or such. .:cry:

Thanx
FORDBOYpete
aka FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I've got IE on my work confuzer & Firefox on the one at home.
It works fine at home, never have to re-log in with each visit.
Until this week, I've had an old confuzer at work & had to re-log each time. It had a bunch of other quirks too & I was just passing this problem off as another old computer quirk...well, the boss finally pried open his crusty old wallet & I now have a nice shiny new FAST confuser at work! :D
It's set up with IE too & guess what...I still have to re-log on each time I come here. :cry: I don't know what the root of the problem is, but the other 4 or 5 phpBB boards I visit don't have that problem.

You see why I call them confuzers? :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
MattsIASlickShop

Post by MattsIASlickShop »

You may be having the problem of having to login every time you switch computers because, even though it is only you trying to access the site, the site sees two different people trying to gain acess to the same ID.
Not too much can be done about that. :?
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I figured it out! :woohoo:
I had previously bookmarked the forum index screen for slick60's.net & I always arrived as a guest, then had to log in. I decided to try bookmarking the screen AFTER logging in (which flops me over to fordtruk.com).
Works great now! :thumright:

BTW, whuzzup with the two different site addy's anyhoo? :hm:

ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

www.fordtruk.com is the original name of this site.it was here before slick60s moved here from msn.it is the home page now.

www.slick60s.org is a link to the forums on the site, same as at msn.when we moved we just put the link on a big slick and drove it here and parked it. :steering: :D
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Ah, I see the method to the madness now. :lol:
So, when you're cruising & posting in the forums, are you on slick60's url or the fordtruk url? Mine's the fordtruk url...although, I've noticed it has done it on the slick60 url sometimes too, it just doesn't update the threads viewed when it's on that one. :?