64 project "Money Pit"

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Sorry guys. Life has thrown a few curve balls at me. Gave the house a face lift to get it refinanced and I'm just about done with that. I'm hoping to finish the last bit of hardwood, tile and paint in the master bedroom in a couple of weeks then I can get the refinancing done. I'll be back at it as soon as all that gets done. On the flip side, I still haven't gotten my fuel cell welded up. Lots of promises from lots of people to tig it for me but no actual sparks flying. Heck, at this rate, I may sign up for a Tig welding class next spring at the local technical college and just do it myself. lol

I also ran across and picked up a 61 uni back in Sept. No pictures yet. I'll try and get some and post on here.
Last edited by Reds Rod Shop on January 1, 2012, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Sorry to hear of your troubles Red!, I hope it`s working out for you mate!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Its all good. I got handed some lemons so I just made lemonade, lemon pie, and all kinds of lemon based stuff. I think I still have a few lemons left if anyone needs any. lol
dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

divorce sux!!!!!

check out metalworx fab on face book, he can hook ya up on the fuel cell
azratrod

divorce

Post by azratrod »

divorces do suck. thats why im not getting married. i got this tattoo on my ring finger to remind me of it every day

'64 ford bbw custom cab short styleside bed
'32 ford 5 window body
'28 ford roadster pickup
'04 ford f150 crew cab short bed
UNIFAN

Post by UNIFAN »

Sorry to hear the news bro. Look forward to seeing the progress when you have more time though!
Reds Rod Shop

Re: 64 project "Money Pit"

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

So, The remodel on the house is all but complete so time to get my life back going and get back on the ole truck. I wanted to get some opinions. Since I smoothed the dash, I have been checking out some different type gages. I ran across one of these and picked it up but am not sure if I will like it in the dash or not so I figured I'd get some input. Below is the picture of the style gage and housing that I got and another picture of the dash. I believe that the profiles of the dashes are all but identical. If I go this route, I'll put my turn signal indicators in the round bullets on either side of the gage housing (The silver round things. you can see them better in the 2nd picture down) Let me know what you think. Red

F7BIGJOB
Location: West Greenwich, Rhode Island & Providence Plantations
United States of America

Post by F7BIGJOB »

That'll be TOOOOOO nice :D
You could prolly pull it off at some show .....Factory :shock:
F7BIGJOB
-Steve

1965 F-250 4x4 Flareside

ImageImage
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

I think that cluster would look nice on the smooth dash Red.... very custom.... I recently saw a late 50's chevy (I know, wrong brand, but hear me out..) wagon that a guy was working on and I asked about the dash because it didn't look right, not bad or gobbled up but just not right... he said "It's different, isn't it." he had grafted an early 60's chevy truck dash into it.... I think that done right, as yours is, a different vehicles dash grafted onto it will look SUPER COOL!!!! I can't wait to see the pics!!! Keep up the good work Red....
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

Good to see things are getting turned back around. You are one great fabricator I can see you pulling that dash mod off NP.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

Looks like a great idea to me! Here what my tbird view looks like of the same thing!
AND you could get a new lense from a tbird parts house-150mph instead of 120 for grins.
Why not get a couple of tbird clock or tach housings too for more gauges.
Looks easy for you and your skills. BTW I have an extra complete housing all bead blasted and ready for reassembly if you need one. has the 120 lense. Also note they are not as perfectly symmetrical as they appear.

kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

I think that gauge cluster would look right at home on your dash.
Why is the back side clear glass?? Wouldn't the sun put a bad glare on the back side of the speedo?

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

kstones63 wrote:I think that gauge cluster would look right at home on your dash.
Why is the back side clear glass?? Wouldn't the sun put a bad glare on the back side of the speedo?

Kevin

The backside glass is heavily tinted and provides "daytime" illumination.
lo6fo
United States of America

Post by lo6fo »

man your work really inspires me to a heck of alot more work on my 64. im in the process of bagging it right now but now my mind is going nuts with all the ideas ive got from your build. thanks
64 f100 long bed 292 with a 4 speed
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Hey Red how you doin down there buddy beeen a while since we have seen ya around :).

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
SixtySix Ford
United States of America

Post by SixtySix Ford »

Man what beautiful work! any new updates?
"Nitrous is like hot girl with STD's. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

66 Ford F-100 - Project SickUp
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Hey guys, I'm still kicking. Sorry to report but I haven't done anything physically to the truck except move it home. I'm breaking ground on my own place to work in a few months. It'll be a 40 x 100 with a paint booth built in. meanwhile, I'm working on getting the garage cleaned so I can tinker on her in there. I've picked up a few minor things for the truck over the past few months and a buddy of mine is making me a LED tail light set up for it. The lights have 2 circuits each. 24 for runnung and an additional 12 for brakes. they are 5mm LED's that are 9000k temperature color. Super bright.... You ought to be able to see them from a mile away and the cool part is that they will fit behind a stock lens cover. I'm pretty stoked about them. I also went ahead and bought a Hypertherm 45 plasma and a 3'x5' beadblasting cabinet for my new shop. It won't be long before I'm back in business. Right now, I'm just focusing on getting the truck out of the enclosed car hauler and into the shop so I can work on it.
Hunter's 64
United States of America

Post by Hunter's 64 »

Glad to hear you survived, Been thru the Bid D myself, It's a bitch. Sounds like your on the right track to have a nice shop to finnish her in.

Danny
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Red good to hear your doing OK . I remember my divorse I left with my 65 fastback and my clothes . Been with the current SWMBO for 18 years we both wear the rings but theres no damn papers to go with them . Drop on in now and then we dont need updates on the truck daily just updates on the trucks owner :D. Hell if ya get bored do a build thread on the new toy shop in the off subject section or something :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Hey Red good to hear from you. Glad things are coming together and you will be back on your truck soon.
Love those SLICKS