Fiberglass Cowl Hood

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Yeller65

Fiberglass Cowl Hood

Post by Yeller65 »

I have been doing some research on Cowl hoods and have so far come up with nothing. I haven't even seen one that someone has homemade yet. Does anyone know of anything out there? I Am building another 65 and would love to have one.

If i can't find one my buddy owns a hotrod shop...Outlaw Performance in Avonmore, Pennsylvania. I am sure some of you have heard of them. They are a highly respected Fiberglass hotrod company. They build all of there own bodys and Chassis. Well I mentioned to him about pulling a mold out of fiberglass if I made one of these hoods and he said he could do it but I would need to try and sell these things to make back the cost of his mold which is not cheap and the time. I am not sure of the cost but I would say roughly around 500 bucks. But who knows. I just wanted to know if these would be a big seller with anyone. These guys know there stuff about fiberglass. They are the best in the business with hotrods. Let me know what ya'll think.
1965 Ford F250 Factory 4 wheel

1965 Ford body on 1979 F250 Frame project truck.......pictures of both to come
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

somebody makes a 1 piece fiberglass front clip for these trucks, not sure who but i have seen the ad before.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

That would be www.usbody.com but they dont have a cowl hood.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Polcat

Post by Polcat »

If you want check out my gallery. I have a 1966 ford F100 I mounted a harwood 5" cowl on it. I riveted it in and filled in the witt body filler to cover the rivets. But I would be interested in a full fiberglass hood as long as it is lighter.
Moose
United States of America

Post by Moose »

I've been thinking about just making mine out of another factory hood. just cutting the hood, and using extra steel from another hood to fill and blend in the sides for a sotck factory look.

Just a thought.

Try here, I know there is a 66 pro streeted truck on here with a steel cowl hood that they made.

http://www.classictruckworld.com

http://classictruckworld.tenmagazines.com/prostreet66/
American born, German blood, Texan attitude..... And people wonder why they call me "Moose."

66 F-100 Too much to list
05 F250 The Tank
Gator

Post by Gator »

look in my gallery, i have a 3" molded to my factory hood.

Im gonna tell you up front that any fiberglass molded to steel will
eventually crack, mine cracked because a guy slammed my hood one nite after he gave me a jump start. I always like to shut my own hood because people think you have to slam it since its an old truck, but it happened before i knew it.
65 F100
Yeller65

Post by Yeller65 »

I have thought of molding the center section of another hood on to it....but I hate putty....im going to talk to another guy this weekend from Truck Rodz. They also build fiberglass hoods except they do them for peterbilts and all the bigger trucks. They built the one custom hood you saw on Trick My Truck. My buddy knows him well so im gonna see what he could do and I will let ya'll know
1965 Ford F250 Factory 4 wheel

1965 Ford body on 1979 F250 Frame project truck.......pictures of both to come