Finally figured it out

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mr. D

Finally figured it out

Post by Mr. D »

Well a job that should of only taking a few hours took me 3 days. :shock:

I am attending the school of "hard knocks" and also learning that my brain is "f-up". After a kid in the classroom did some damage to my head (older post I had about the assault I received in the classroom) after 3 weeks I finally realized I am having some problems. :evil:

Thank god for my wife that is a nurse to help me realize I was having issues.

At least I realize things could be worse and life is too short to worry and I am moving on :lol:

Funny story I started out with a simple oil change, but then I decided to change the oil pan gasket because of what looked like oil seepage around the pan and engine block. Well after finally figuring out I had to raise the engine to get the oil pan out I couldn't slide it forward because my jack was in the way. I kept reading the chilton manual and trying to slide the pan out through the back because of the cross member.

A day later I thought and realized put blocks under the motor mount, then move the jack and block from under the damper. I still couldn't get the pan out.

Next day I wedged myself under the truck and saw an oil pump and flow line (I think it is called that) :oops: so I took the oil pump filter line off and long behold I was able to slide the pan out. But boy was it a PITA to put it all back together. I probably should of changed the oil pump as well but the engine only has 9K on it.

:D The good news is nothing but good oil was in the bottom of the oil pan no oil shavings or gunk.

today I will start her up and check for leaks.

Laters-Mr. D
keep the rubber side down
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

been there, done that.
another reason i like the 4x4s, the pan comes off without lifting the engine.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

The School of Hard Knocks is the best education you can have because you dont forget a lession once it is learned. It can be a bit pricey though. I know i have a PHD from there to prove it. Hope the blow to the head clears up.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
mcarlson11

Post by mcarlson11 »

Did you just say that you had the engine jacked up by the harmonic dampner??

I sure hope not!
65 F250 Custom cab, camper special. 352,4spd floor shift, dana 60 posi lock, power disc brakes in front, power steering, and fun to drive.