Back to the 50's, June 22,23,and 24

Car shows, swap meets, member get-togethers - post your upcoming events here.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

kid2

Back to the 50's, June 22,23,and 24

Post by kid2 »

We will be there again this year. Who else is going. This is a AWSOME Event, last Year there were over 11,000 entrants..........Kid
doc6368

Post by doc6368 »

Have been there the last 7 years, It just keeps getting better!! Will see you there!!!!
kid2

Post by kid2 »

We will be parked on the North side of the Racetrack, usually try to park on the two lane tree lined street so we can have some shade. There should be several of us there this year. Matt, Greg, My Brother Don, Alan, Guy, and myself. We always have a great time. We are staying at a differnt Hotel this Year, we will be just East of 35E on 694 this Year. Hope to see several there this Year..................Kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
64 F-100, 4in roof chop and on a car frame
64 F100, Project, not sure what to do with it
61 Long Uni project
79 F-250 Super Cab Long Box
74 Duster, Future Project
Dropped,Chopped,Tubbed,and Stubbed is the way to go

It is easier to ask Forgivness than to ask Permission
kid2

Post by kid2 »

16 Days and we are heading up to Minnesota. We are leaving home on Thursday June 21st sometime in the afternoon. Sounds like there are gonna be several there. Matt, (a65mercury) Myself, Greg (Truckfarmer) and my Brother will be there. My Brother hasnt completely decided what he will be taking up , He wants to take his 63 T-Bird but if he doesnt have a Brake Booster problem fixed he will take the 64 he got from Lance( I hope he takes the Truck ). If you are going be on the lookout for us, we usually park on the North Side of the Race track on the tree lined street. Hope to see some old freinds and make new ones while we are there..................Kid

ready to head North RIGHT NOW
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

kid2

Post by kid2 »

Come on Guys and Gals, Who is gonna be there................Kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

a2z64

Post by a2z64 »

We will be there Friday for sure and hope to go to the swap on Sunday as well. We always park in the big lot on the north side of the horse barns(that's south of the track) Hope to see you guys there!
Alan
Low 64 F100
49 F1
51 Studebaker Champion
kid2

Post by kid2 »

Alan,You know about where we will be. We will probably be in the gravel lot on Friday but want to try to be on the street on Saturday, gonna have my 8 Month old Granddaughter there for her first car show so I want to be where we can have some shade for her. I still have your number so I will try to call you next week sometime. I hope Guy and a few other members will be there this year also. Greg ( truckfarmer) and Matt ( a 65 mercury ) will be there also. Not sure what my brother will be driving, either a yellow and white 59 T Bird, a Blue 63 T Bird or a Blue and White 64 F-100, Greg will have his white Short box and I think Matt is wanting to have his son Nicks Primer 64 F-250 there. I may have the Uni there if I can get it safe and reliable in time and if Matt wants to bring it up.......................kid

looking foreward to my FAVORITE Event of the Year
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

a2z64

Post by a2z64 »

Darryl,
sent you a PM
Alan
Low 64 F100
49 F1
51 Studebaker Champion
doc6368

Post by doc6368 »

Only 9 days to go, will see you there
65guy

Post by 65guy »

Sorry Kid/Alan
I don't get on the site much anymore.
I plan to be there (without truck) with my daughters either Sat or Sun, whichever is the nicer day. I will try to look you up.

Thanks
Guy
Old trucks - old cars - old tractors - old music... keep you young
'65 F100/'63 Ford Falcon convert/'57 Ford 640
kid2

Post by kid2 »

Guy, i will E-Mail you my cell number so you can call me when you get there saturday.............Darrell
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

kid2

Post by kid2 »

ONE MORE WEEK, We will be there next Friday and staying till Sunday.

Guy and Alan, I sent you guys my Cell Number.

Who else is gonne be there.

If you have never been before you won't believe what you are missing , it is a awsome Event.

Darrell
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

kid2

Post by kid2 »

only 78 more Hours and we will be headed North, less if my Wife can get away from the Office a little early on Thursday. Matt and his Son Nick are heading up earlier in the Day Thursday and we will be close behind them late Afternoon or early Evening. Matt is going on into the Hotel but we did not get reservations for Thursday Nite so we will be staying South of the Cities and going in Friday Morning. I am ready to go NOW. .........................kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

kid2

Post by kid2 »

24 HOURS
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

Niteprowler

Post by Niteprowler »

Hey Kid, Truck Farmer, and the rest of the gang. I'll be down on Friday. Sorry but my '62 will not be there this year again. Hopefully next year I'll have it done. If you guys are down there and have your radios on I'll have to swing by and say hi. See you there!!
Corey
kid2

Post by kid2 »

Cory, It is good to hear from you. I am glad you posted. I was looking for your Number the other nite and was gonna call you. We will have our Radios with us and will be on Channel 10-sub channel 4 like we were before. Matt, Greg, My Brother Don , Guy, Alan, Myself and a few more will also be there this Year. We will be in the gravel lot ( when we get there on Friday it is usually the only place to park ) and should be there by Noon and we will be there early Saturday so we can try to park on the tree lined street for shade. There will be my Beige and white Slick, Gregs White Slick, Matts sons Primerd Slick , and my Brothers Yellow and White T-Bird. Any body else who will be there look for us as we are a pretty motley looking group and can't miss us..............Kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

kid2

Post by kid2 »

3 Hours

Talked to my Brother and he will be here by 3, my Wife is leaving work early at 2, we will be on the road by 4 at the latest. Matt was supposed to head out about Noon. We should be at the fairgrounds by Noon Tomorrow(Friday). Hope to see a bunch of Members there..............Kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

kid2

Post by kid2 »

Well we had a Great time. Did not get to meet up with as many members as we had hoped but we did hook up with a few. As always I came back home with some great memories and spent some time with great freinds and family. My newest Granddaughter was there ( 9 Months Old ) and she loved all the colors and sounds, had a car rev the engine up and when it idled down she was dancing to the thump of the idle. When a car would rev the engine up she would look towards the sound and start dancing.My son just shook his head. She will be going to many more shows in the future I hope and I am sure she will become a gear head like Grandpa.

We did get misdirected ( lost ) a time or two as the Interstate by the Hotel we were staying was closed down Friday Nite and we had to find alternate routes to and from the Fairgrounds from the Hotel. We seen downtown St Paul and a nice smaller lake, both by accident.

We all made the trip with only minor mechanical problems, Nick broke a fan belt and mine was still loading up at Idle and dieing out. I think we solved the problem fiannly, had to readjust the carb float after I got home and I will find out next Weekend at GreedGuys in Des Moines if it worked. Looking foreward to next Year already and hope to see you there then.................Kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project