67-72 bumpers

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

mcarlson11

67-72 bumpers

Post by mcarlson11 »

Are the 67-72 front bumpers the same as ours?? I know they will bolt up, but are they the same shape?
65 F250 Custom cab, camper special. 352,4spd floor shift, dana 60 posi lock, power disc brakes in front, power steering, and fun to drive.
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

No.
The ends are shaped differently and stick out from the corners of the truck. It's not real obvious, but once you know the difference, it will bother you like it does me. :wink:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

DV65CustomCab wrote: once you know the difference, it will bother you like it does me. :wink:

Me too. :lol:

The rest of the bumper is the same basic shape, just the ends are noticeable different. They don't have the "point".

See the point on the upper end here...

And here, it's more rounded. The top is pretty much even with the bottom.
This is the later style bumper...or, pretty much the only thing available aftermarket. :?

My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Comet

Post by Comet »

You didn't say what year. Unibodies have a different mount pattern, and 6 bolts
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hey slick fan.. where did that slick come from with the Halibrands on it?
nice truck!!
:thumright:
and Comet, not just the uni's but all the 61-63's had 3 holes/side at the mounts. My bet would be the aftermarket bumpers for those are just the 67-72 bumpers with different holes drilled tho.

JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
mcarlson11

Post by mcarlson11 »

well im looking for a front chrome bumper that isnt bent for my 65. I saw a bump at the junk yard that had one, but I see the difference you guys are pointing out. I would rather go with original then aftermarket.
65 F250 Custom cab, camper special. 352,4spd floor shift, dana 60 posi lock, power disc brakes in front, power steering, and fun to drive.
Comet

Post by Comet »

Johnny Canuck wrote:and Comet, not just the uni's but all the 61-63's had 3 holes/side at the mounts.
JC

Yep, I know. You're right.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

Look in my gallery. My 66 has a set of the replacement 64-77 aftermarket bumpers. See if you can see the difference or not.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Hey slick fan.. where did that slick come from with the Halibrands on it?
nice truck!!
:thumright:

It was on eGouge sometime last spring. If I remember correctly, the owner was selling it on the "if the Eleanor Mustang was a truck, this would be it" type of idea.

That's the first time I've noticed Halibrands on a truck, I think they look pretty darn nice! :thumright: I saved a few more pics of both those trucks, if'n you wanna see. :) That brown one is super clean, top & bottom!
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Sure would like to se some more pics of the grey one
the brownish one is OK too, nice and straight, just not quite as attractive with the chromie wheels and the color
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

mcarlson11 wrote:well im looking for a front chrome bumper that isnt bent for my 65. I saw a bump at the junk yard that had one, but I see the difference you guys are pointing out. I would rather go with original then aftermarket.

All you need is a decent donor bumper, painted or chrome. Send them out to be rechromed...no original chrome is going to look that great after 40 years anyway. Minor bends or dents don't matter; the chrome guys will take care of that as part of the process.
Bumper Boyz are in Cali and are probably the most affordable out there. The work is ok. Some have had problems with the durability but they lifetime warrant them and do stand behind the product.
I used Tri-City; slightly higher cost but better quality IMO. My previously painted bumpers look fabulous. Pick up or drop off at a swap meet near you to save on shipping with either choice.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
flareside64

Post by flareside64 »

I picked up the correct chrome front bumper from bumper boys when they came to detroit for a swap meet a couple weeks ago. The bumper looks really nice, and what I like about it most, is that its an orignal.
Travis
1949 F-4 226/4 speed
1964 F100 223/3 speed
1965 F100 4x4 445/4 speed