Evilbay boycott?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Evilbay boycott?

Post by 64 f100 »

I just found out about the boycott. Supposed to run from the first to the 14th. Evilbay just posted last quarter increase in prodits by 25%, And a recent increase in fees yet again. I think we are all fed up with Evilbay greed. Is the midnight auto site still up?

Thanks,
Riich
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I saw the fee increase. Have only gone there on links from here since.
Wonder if the government took over ebay.. they sure ACT like it.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

NOW ya tell me! (see my last post in the check out a stang thread), lol.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

I don't know about a total boycott. When buying or selling, I just factor in the extra costs. I make my decisions on individual items. I wouldn't care if Ebay were free, there are some sellers I wont do business with. When selling, I factor the cost into the price. given that, if I have an item that looks like it will be cost prohibitive, I don't list it. The ball is in my court, it's up to me what I do with it.
Jim
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Evilbay was a good thing for everyone. Gave access to a lot of stuff we didn't have a chance at before. Like all good things, someone gets greedy, and that's the end of it. It's not that I think the boycott will work, it can, but it's hard to get the word out. I talked to the guy that posted the information, by phone. What he told me when I asked him, was that he had seen it in an add on evilbay, as I had in his. He had heard of it on comments made in forums on Ebay. He also said that a lot of those comments have been removed, and expected his add to go the same way. Evilbay is obviously making big bucks, no reason for increased greed all the time. The only way we have of fighting back is by not using it. Quite often I see items I want, but won't buy because of shiping costs. Would love to have some of those rust free Califonia beds tailgates etc. So far, I cannot come up with a reasonable way to transport anything of that size.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

jakdad wrote:I don't know about a total boycott. When buying or selling, I just factor in the extra costs. I make my decisions on individual items. I wouldn't care if Ebay were free, there are some sellers I wont do business with. When selling, I factor the cost into the price. given that, if I have an item that looks like it will be cost prohibitive, I don't list it. The ball is in my court, it's up to me what I do with it.

I agree.

However, it would be nice to bring Ebay down from their high horse by hitting them in the wallet, before it really gets crazy. It's rarely good for a company to get too big an ego...they need a dose of reality.
It always makes me smile when I see some big company get a reality check when they realize that without us buyers & sellers they wouldn't have a pot to piss in. :P
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i have not done any business on evilbay for quite some time,for exactly those reasons ,so i guess i have already been boycotting.

not to hijack the thread but the Exxon-Mobil $39.5 billion dollar profit irritates me much more, the oil from their tanker that ran aground is still washing up on our land, but they refuse to pay the remaining $5 billion of their settlement and are doing their best to get out of it.not to mention the $3 per gallon we paid for gas last year and here we are still at $2.45 per gallon.
what about some of the other companies?
how many of you can quit you job or get fired and have $80 million in benefits or more?
enuff, my neck veins are starting to bulge, and steam is rising off me as the ice begins to melt.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

I just bought a car that I found on Ebay. Bid on it yet fell short of reserve as of auction close. Then bought it from the seller. Real nice car in the money.