Do I make a deal with the devil?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

wnorowski

Post by wnorowski »

On the censorship issue, let's not forget this:
http://www.fordification.com/censorship.htm

Ted
Flat Rock, OH :shock:
Ted Wnorowski
Flat Rock, OH
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

an example of how long Keith lets free speech go on , even here it would not have gone on this long.
it does not even bother us there that he locked it up.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18145
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I have never seen a locked thread in Slick60's, Ice.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Johnny Canuck wrote:I have never seen a locked thread in Slick60's, Ice.

i have seen a few threads disappear, on that same topic and on the fte topic.
not more than a handful in all the years i have been here though.

you mentioned going to play in their sandbox occasionally, but dont you end up with sand in your eyes?
i threw the sand back, along with some others, now they wont let us play there no more.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

lotta cat crap in that sandbox.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
wnorowski

Post by wnorowski »

Let this story be a lesson also:

Now, BILLY THE MOUNTAIN, he couldn't believe it! All those postcards he'd posed for, for ALL OF THOSE YEARS, and finally, now, AT LAST, his Royalties!

Ted (waiting to be grampa for the second time, he or she should be here within the next twelve hours!)
Flat Rock, OH :shock:
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Again, thanks for all the commentary. This is why I asked before doing anything.
My PC is down for upgrades so I can't access FTE right now (or my email) but I think I know what the nature of my 'deal', if any, will be at this point. You can trust that I will still own the site as it is regardless of any 'deal'. :wink:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Oldblue67

Post by Oldblue67 »

I'm one of the many disgruntled who found their way to greener pastures. I would be very wary of any offers coming from FTE. I have a feeling that if he pays you for this article, hes going to want to recoup that money somehow. Perhaps only allowing access to "supporters"? This is all just a feeling I get, but with Ken at the helm I wouldnt put anything past FTE.

When it comes down to it, you said that you want your articles to reach as many people as possible, I really dont see FTE as the best way to do that. The way misinformation is running rampant on the forums, it seems like less and less people go there looking for reliable information. Also, unless a miracle happens, I can only see that forum getting more restrictive on information and articles which would shrink the audience your article reaches even more

Just my :2cents: :D :D
rjewkes

Post by rjewkes »

Hell No. Ken is evil and will more than likely ruin it with links to his sponsors products or even worse rewrite it to look like only his sponsors products will work.

I don't trust him any further than i can spit. He's like Boyd cottington does none of the work but takes all the credit and sues the original writer/designer.
kid2

Post by kid2 »

I know we all have our Opinions of FTE but we need to remember this is a public forum and we do not want the reputation of all we do is slam other sites and their people because we do not agree with how their site is run...........Kid
Comet

Post by Comet »

Oldblue67 wrote:I'm one of the many disgruntled who found their way to greener pastures...yak, yak, yak... :D :D :D

Hey Liz, I didn't know you were on here! 'Bought time we get more ladies on here. I only know of two or three.
Anyway, welcome!
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

I think Kid has a good point. We don't do this very often and just need to get it out of our system once in a while. I am not too worried about our reputation as every Ford truck site on the web has the ocasional ken Pain and fte bashing thread. To me bashing fte and ken Pain is like throwing a wrench accross the shop when something won't fit. Not a good thing to do everyday, but once in a while it is probably healthy. Thanks, Lyman.
didgeytrucker

Post by didgeytrucker »

I just don't see any reason for running a "forum" type website as a business. It's lika a truck or car club. You start it for the love of the vehicle, not as a money making venture. I've never seen the point to FTE. I joined in the early days but I haven't visited in a few years.

Anybody on the internet should know how to use Google or any other search engine to find the info that's out there. Why go to FTE?

Tracy
1956 F-100 Panel w/429 (3.50 9")
1966 F-100 SWB w/351C (3.25 9" - 3.70 posi for Saturday nights)
Music City F-100's,
1965 GT-350 S/C (2.78 1st & 3.70 TracLok 9")
Music City Mustang Club
1969 Schwinn StingRay
Don't focus on the destination....make the JOURNEY the adventure
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

kid2 wrote:I know we all have our Opinions of FTE but we need to remember this is a public forum and we do not want the reputation of all we do is slam other sites and their people because we do not agree with how their site is run...........Kid

we dont slam any other sites except fte , neither does fordification.
there must be a reason.
oh yeah, its right here
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

I dont know about specifics but what I read here. I think you would be better to go at it on your own. that way there is no politics or shady rip off artists involved. if you distribute it and set the price as well as keep control you can always go from there, ya know?
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Update: per Jason at FTE, having read this thread FTE has decided to pass on any compensation to use the article. Personally, it has solved the problem for me, so I don't mind. Like Forrest Gump says, "That's all I have to say about that."
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Sorry to hear this thread caused a problem for you. If he dislikes us so much whats he doin reading over hear anyway, just kinda wonder about that. Seems kinda paranoid to me. Overall I think you are better off not getting mixed up with it. I would do this on my own if it were me, I am sure you would have plenty of support from here. If you decide to publish a DVD or CD of this be sure to post a link. I'd buy one. I personally do not bash FTE as a site but the behaivior of certain parties over there is what keeps me away. I do know that there are also alot of good people over there too. One of the reasons I choose the groups I do is the overall good nature of the members and management. I have even personally had a post deleted off of the old MSN site but I was sent 3 appologies and 3 explanations. The deleting of the post was right, I was ranting about something if I remember right and went too far. I also wouldn't have posted if I had been thinking before I typed. I did not feel in the least censorsed, I felt treated fair. I hope this post doesn't come off as a bash of any other site, it is not intended that way. FTE as with any other group does have the right to manage what is in their forums, I just do not personally agree with the way in which they handle it.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

DV65CustomCab wrote:Update: per Jason at FTE, having read this thread FTE has decided to pass on any compensation to use the article. Personally, it has solved the problem for me, so I don't mind. Like Forrest Gump says,"That's all I have to say about that."

lurking in the shadows,and reading our opinions,he decided that it wasnt even worth sticking up for fte.
Forrest Gump was right.
:rotflmao:
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Hawkrod
United States of America

Post by Hawkrod »

Greg, I agree with you, FTE has teh right to manage their site however they feel fit BUT I have the right to publicy ridicule them at every opportunity for their neo-Nazi fascist approach! LOL They seem to be of the mind that if we are not with them we are against them. Unfortunately that is a self fulfilling mindset as those you exclude become your enemy. Hawkrod
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Know what, that cost Dwight money guys. If it were me, I'd be kinda pissed right now.

Course the "Deal With the Devil" title of this post probably didn't help. :twisted:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..