what happened to the other 1500+

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

what happened to the other 1500+

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i noticed today we are up to 523 members here.on msn we were a ways past 2000.
some people do seem to join and ask a few ?s or just want to sell their truck and then disappear.
some others were regulars and stopped coming by the forum, never to be heard from again.
there also seems to be a 'core' group that are and always have been here from the beginnings or near that time and a few newer members that have joined this core group.

this being the only 61-66 site, i would think there would be more activity.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Rustbucket

Post by Rustbucket »

I seem to appear,then disappear,then reappear ....
1965 F-100 Shortbed 351W.
1969 F-250 Camper Special
1984 Mustang Convertible
1949 8N Tractor
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I feel like I missed something if I don't check in at least once a day. I do my best to spread the word by knocking on doors with trucks in the yard, passing out cards at shows and swaps. Keep coming back Rustbucket.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

Heck 200 members here have never posted once :!:
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

Im here everyday. I like to check on progress of the projects, new pics. new members (incase they are near by) and help anyone i can. I check in with the old site and the NC chapter for the same reasons. I guess the 200 members that Paul mentioned may be finding the info they need in the post that others have made. It seems they would at least log in and introduce themselves and post pics of what trucks the have. I guess some people are doers and some are watchers.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I asked Darrell about this once when we were still there. Lots of people joined over there listed a truck etc. in the classifieds and that was it. We have some members here also that pop in and read regularly but just don't post much, TeamhanneyF100 is one of those. I talk to him now and then, he's in Omaha, nice guy.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

There is a guy I visited with a bit on CTW, told him about this site. He has been a member for some time, but I have never seen him post.
adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

I'm here :D
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

not sure exactly what piegon hole I fall into :hm: but my reason for originally joining was that I needed to source out a good looking hard bed cover for my Slick.
:peepwall: remembered what rodoor guy said about this Site
got my info hung around went to chat room on Sunday nite.
talked with as Ice calls them the core regulars. :notworthy:
Now when stupid confuser doesn't screw up and stop me from getting on :cry: I can usually be found there on sundays and check site a couple of times a week when I find time.
and have SS08 on my calander in permanent marker :shock:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

I guess I am a tweener. Not a newbie and not a veteran like some. I tend to read the new posts most every morning as I have my first cup of coffee. I chime in when ever I have info I know is correct or something strikes a funny bone. Wish at times I knew more or could help more. I have been really happy with the new site. Just wish I could figure out how to post pictures. Have tried but something wont work. Probably at my end with this puter. Anyway, I have never met anyone from the site but my time will come. SLICKS RULE
F-Zilla

Post by F-Zilla »

I look here every day, just don't post every day. I wish I could work on my truck every day.
BUY FORD, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MOTOR COMPANY!

65 F100
66 F100
wnorowski

Post by wnorowski »

I sold both of mine but I still pop in from time to time.

:shock:
Ted Wnorowski
Flat Rock, OH
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

I'm here every night after work. Most members are in bed by then. I'm talking about 3:00 am. I read through the post and try to keep up on things.
I check in here 2 or 3 times a day on the week ends. I just don't post much. I've been a true blue member since the excite days. Don't count me out, just silent.
Wyatt
The Good Humor Man

Post by The Good Humor Man »

I check in every day or so. here and at fordification, and I breeze thru the posts, and read those only that look like they are interesting, or I may have some knowledge of. I can’t expect to receive advice if I don’t bother to pipe in on something I know of.
I have yet to start on my 64, and now am talking to a guy about buying a 65 Good Humor Truck, and LOVE my 67, so I need to keep up on these trucks, and there is no better way than to check in on my 2 favorite Ford sites regularly.
You can't put a price on a good time.
rog300b

Post by rog300b »

I am a part time lurker :wink: but i try to check in here every time I got some spare time at the computer, both for inspiration, and for learning something new.
Roger

Driver: 1957 F-100, 292, fordomatic.
Project: 1962 F-250, 223, 4wd.

Two Ford trucks north of the artic circle.
62 UNI

Post by 62 UNI »

I was turned onto this site by another slickster & HAMB member......

I enjoy a few stops by daily but don't always post up.

PAUL aka/ 62 UNI
71 LONG BED

Post by 71 LONG BED »

I lurk mostly, but I do throw my 2 cents in now and then. I only have bumpsides, no slicks yet. I still enjoy reading posts though. I know a few guys from here that are also over on FORDification. :D
John
Image Image Image
Willy_B

Post by Willy_B »

Well I just Joined again since the move from msn group. Been checking in 3-4 times a week here. I've always enjoyed the group. One member closer to 1500+ again. :thumright:
truckerdaddy66

Post by truckerdaddy66 »

I'm new to the site but not to fords ,my family has owned ford stores since the 60's.This is my second slick, my first was a 62 3/4 ton 292 what a beast . I sold it in 1989,my new project is a modfied 66 f100 step I'm just lowering it a bit ,a rebuilt six, new paint, et. :P Its the first site I've looked at and enjoy do it yourself stuff. T/D ,Fred New Caney ,Tx.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

71 LONG BED wrote:I lurk mostly, but I do throw my 2 cents in now and then. I only have bumpsides, no slicks yet. I still enjoy reading posts though. I know a few guys from here that are also over on FORDification. :D

John, thats the opposite of me at Fordification. My bump went to the wreckers last fall, I needed the storage room and didn't want to take another loan out to run the gas-sucking 360. I will probably have another one eventually. :D
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..