Fridge boxers

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ripsnorter

Fridge boxers

Post by ripsnorter »

Well, I guess Ice would be proud of me. After months of admiring and hugging my '62, i've come to really like the old fridgebox style box. In fact I've decided I'll keep it as a fridge when I get to work on restoring it, instead of swapping for a 64-66 box as I had been thinking.

Question is, did they ever have 2 tone paint schemes on these trucks? i've been scouring the net, but I cant find any pictures or information on it. I'm trying to decide on what to do for paint, and would like to do 2 tone, but I'm not sure how well it would look on this style of box.

Anyone have any pictures?
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

This is a pic of a fridge [albumimg]504[/albumimg]
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
bobenhotep
United States of America

Post by bobenhotep »

so its called a fridge. i like that style of bed because of the huge flat area to mount tail lights. im putting some off of a 65 galaxie on mine mostly to get the back up light feature...
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"
300 I6, 3 spd manual, DS II/ HEI ignition.

Stuff I added to Hints and tricks

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI
-Horn ring contact tube repair
-turn signal indicator fix

Mikhail Kalashnikov and Nikola Tesla are the guys i think of when i build things.

ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

ah i didnt even think of looking for the 57-60s pics. was it 57 they started that bodystyle?

I'd still like to find a pic of a 61-63 in two tone, but that helps. thanks
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

perfect! thanks
f100fordguy
United States of America

Post by f100fordguy »

My truck is painted right for the 2-tone (the fridge posted above) It had a white rim along the top and the inside of the bed is the body color. If you want more pics shoot me an email and ill send you more of them.

Tim aka fridge guy
johndeereman112 at hotmail.com