Rusty 63 F100 + 04 CV PI

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

Beats me - I haven't even gotten this part done yet.

I've read of some guys with cut coils, lowering springs and even some with custom air bag mounts.

The best geometry sounding solution was to Z the frame or channel the x-member into the bottom of the rails - either of which soundly defeats the notion of this being a (relatively) bolt-in swap...

On my end, I did manage to get some garage time in lately - cleaned up the rails, welded in the "oops" holes, welded in the tubes & started working towards boxing the area around them.
Robert

Post by Robert »

thats cool i want to have mine in by spring putting mine under a unibody
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

I posted info on the wiring if it might help you sort it out. Remember that mine is a DOHC but a lot of this might transfer over to your SOHC.

http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20133

I hope this helps.

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
diehardfordtruck
United States of America

Post by diehardfordtruck »

Robert wrote:what would be the best way to lower a crown vic front end

[url]http://www.eatonsprings.com/92-07crownvic.html

This is what I'm thinking of using these springs

Rusty..lost you on the other site looked like they deleted your thread over there....just looking around and happen on to your build here,Looks like you've got a lot done. Lookiing good I'll Subcribe and follow here..[/url]
Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

I got p.o.'d at a moderator over there who said I was "advertising" illegally by having a link to my company's website in my signature link. (See it down there?)

When I tried to discuss the situation with the meathead, he quoted the rules repeatedly, then started handing out demerits & threatening me.

So I deleted my thread & pretty much stay here now.

The whole point of the situation is that that site sells advertising and my link - as innocuous as it is - apparently impairs their ability to sell ad space to the other custom home builders in my area.

As if anyone of us would choose to advertise on a worldwide truck site in an effort to get customers in our tiny little neck of the woods.

Moron.

The link in a signature is just there to let anyone of you know who I am & what I do.

My "work" has kept me much too busy to work on 'ole Rusty lately - we're building a new model home & are nearing completion. I worked with one of my subs yesterday to clean, grind, prep & stain the garage floor using a cool product - a semi-transparent water-based stain. I'll post a pic when we're done - the floor looks like granite!
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

Looking good to me, looking forward to seeing it done.

Rusty 63 wrote:I got p.o.'d at a moderator over there who said I was "advertising" illegally by having a link to my company's website in my signature link. (See it down there?)

When I tried to discuss the situation with the meathead, he quoted the rules repeatedly, then started handing out demerits & threatening me.

So I deleted my thread & pretty much stay here now................

When I first started visiting truck web sites, I had a similar issue, probably the same site. I had asked for info on how to repair something, got flagged as they thought I was trying to sell the part, when I clarified, the same mod sent me an email offering to sell me his used part (no advice on how to "fix" my part though) for a large sum of money.
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

Update:
Dylyn Paul was born March 5th!
Finally getting my head back together - what a change...
Oh, and we opened a new model home, too.
Hopefully I'll find time to finish rusty before he turns 18!
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

Congratulations on your little boy!
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
61 Merc
Canada

Post by 61 Merc »

So that is two projects down and two to go, get back to completing Rusty and raising Dylyn. Congrats on the little one and I hope everyone is doing well.

Dean
61 Mercury SWB Uni - Project
62 Mercury SWB BBW - Race truck
63 Ford SWB Uni - Daily driver (Jinx)
63 Ford SWB Uni - Parts truck
Robert

Post by Robert »

Any thing new being done yet
Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

Changing diapers? Seriously the truck is buried in the garage... I need to clean out the garage so I can work on it but btwn work & baby... one of these days...
Robert

Post by Robert »

I see them babys are alot of fun and they grow up way to fast
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

Looks sweet just bought my cv front swap going to start asap going to use your picks for help hope you don't mind
""WE THE WILLING, LED BY THE UNKNOWING, ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE UNGRATEFUL""
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

what measurement point didyou use the one i used was the 31.5 front measurement that you posted in that pick back on page 5 i think
""WE THE WILLING, LED BY THE UNKNOWING, ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE UNGRATEFUL""
Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

Which measurement do you mean?
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

for the pins frome the front of the frame or the cross brace or the front point of the upper control arm the front of the frame or the cross brace im just wanting a refrence point from someone that has done this swap before

heres mine so far just mounted on with clamps
its upside down in the pick but since been turned over and rotors on it just looking for some kind of points to mkae sure i have it where its supposed to go its square on there now but any help would be great
Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

Ahhhh now I understand.

I went off the bumpstop holes (I put the straight axle back in to check they were accurate), then went through the math & ffigured how far forward I wanted it, then shifted fwd & marked the new centerline...

To be honets the actual numbers escape me (I see wayyyy too many numbers for any to really stick) but if you read back a page or so I'm sure you'll find my number babble.

Not sure but hope that helped?
totten
United States of America

Re: Rusty 63 F100 + 04 CV PI

Post by totten »

Great build,enjoyed the mods. TONY
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

I know the site you mean, non stop ads, opinionated people with attitudes. I swapped some engine parts with one of their, elite members years back, he got the better end of the deal in parts which I really didn't mind, then he stuck me with his end of the shipping, tried to say he really did not need all the parts I sent him after he asked for them. I swallowed the pill but won't forget it.
Thats why I spend the majority of my time here.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
66Bullitt

Post by 66Bullitt »

great write up Rusty!!

I just recently purchased a totaled 2005 grand marquis and im planning to do the exact same thing you're doing....

keep us updated!!