Should I buy these?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ripsnorter

Should I buy these?

Post by ripsnorter »

I'm not sure if i should put these in the parts or trucks for sale section, but ah well.

I was getting rather frustrated about the red tape on the slick on the side of the road (still there waiting for someone to bash the windows out of by the way :evil: ) so i went and had a talk with some of the others i've spotted around here.

after about 30 minutes of trying to sober the guy up, (he fell over coming out the door to greet me) I managed to get a look at his truck.

I'm not sure of the year, its a 64-66 though, and its an F250 Camper Special. The bed box is perfect, with all 4 original (well, not sure about the original for this truck, but i think they are) hubcaps inside it. Its a 351 I think, not positive though, with an automatic. he said he swapped out the original automatic for a C6. The floorboards are completely gone on the driver side, and the passenger is pretty well shot too.

Other areas of interest are the missing rear bumper, and the inside of the box, up near the cab, being rusted through.

so... what this thing worth? should I mess with it? I obviously would love to have it myself, but I'm starting to feel the pinch and should try and use my obsession to make a little money to support itself. Is there anything rare or unusual or resaleable about it do you guys think?

theres also a 4x4 inline 6 near here that i'm waiting to hear back from the guy on. i havent gotten close enough to look at that one yet though.

I'll try and get up there in a few days and take some pics of the camper special and post em up.

If I grabbed both those trucks, I'd have:
my '62 (keeping it)
(2) '63s, F100 and F250
Camper Special
unknown 4x4 ( i really need to learn the grill years so i can put years on the trucks I see)

about the only one that I'm fairly sure I'm going to part out is the '63 half ton. Ideally I'd like to end up with my '62 F100 and one F250 of the '64-66 era. I'm wondering what you folks think on my being able to part out/sell any of the others
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Sounds like an awful lot of work an expense for the rusted out truck. If the price is right and you have space, grab them for parts or future consideration.
Here's the grille I.D.
http://www.1966ford.com/images/BIG48-72.JPG
Good luck.
Jim
truckerdaddy66

Post by truckerdaddy66 »

Maybe, Offer him 100.00 & A bottle,might be a good beeter,or nice truck for the ex.!,/or ex. mother in law. :lol: , if you need it buy it quick ,now he
is thinking about it,he may sewll to someone else! T/D , NEW CANEY,TX.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

truckerdaddy66 wrote:Maybe, Offer him 100.00 & A bottle

That's exactly what I was thinking! :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

rip, heres some pics to help you out
http://fordtruk.com/ads.html
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Fordman

Post by Fordman »

i was thinking maybe a keg of beer might do it.
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

heh he was a funny guy.

very nice once he actually figured out how to walk, but I get the feeling he might not remember a single word of our conversation :P

thanks for the links to grill info, that helps.
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

Not wanting to corrupt you, but the VERY best way to get the truck cheap is to go back to have a "second look" and then casually mention that you have a bottle of "something good" in your vehicle that you are itchin to take a drink of and you just wanted to make sure he didn't mind -- and oh by the way, he's welcome too. Then break out the bottle, careful how much you drink, and look over the truck again.

By the time you are done, you'll have a friend and a good deal. Just be careful to not get any tickets after the buying experience........
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!