HEY!!!! Raleigh, NC and Surrounding Area People - Need Help

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Swimholm

HEY!!!! Raleigh, NC and Surrounding Area People - Need Help

Post by Swimholm »

I've given up on trying to fix my rear main seal, So im just going to take it to a shop. The problem is. . . . I'm from near charlotte, and i have yet to find a shop i trust enough to do this kind of thing.

The other day i called around town most of the day, and no one wanted to take it and kept reffering me to people

so if you have any recommendations i would really appriciate it. Im tryin to get this taken care of on monday morning.

Thanks
-Dave
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

Where in North Carolina are you I am in Wilson. Send me a Private Message
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

Are you in Charlotte or Raleigh? The engine is still in the truck?
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
Swimholm

Post by Swimholm »

im in Raleigh. If i was in charlotte i would take him to my old guy.

The engine and everything is still in. I mean i can technically drive it still but not very well. Im pretty sure i blew the rear main seal and oil is leaing on my clutch and its causeing my to not be able to build up enough friction to move the truck very much or very fast.

I was tryin to fix it. But i am not Supposed to work on my car at my appt complex, so i do it on the weekends when they're office is closed. Also, Its kind of a pain in the ass to drop the trans in the parkinf lot.

So I think it would be best to just not risk it

Thanks
-Dave