Greetings

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

craighill74

Greetings

Post by craighill74 »

Hello all and thank you for the wonderful welcome that I have received so far. I have posted in the restoration thread but was advised that I should introduce myself to you all.

I recently inherited a very old friend a 1966 f100. This truck was bought on a special order by my grandfather. Unfortunately he passed away in 1970 and my father then bought the truck from my grandmother, then a month ago I got it from my father. It is almost a completely bone stock (other than the stereo, secondary gas tank, and the rims) 300 I6 with 4 on the floor and the 3/4 ton limited slip rear end. Not to mention that I have the original owners manual, and window sticker from when the truck was bought.

The truck has lived almost its entire life in northern Nevada, so very, very little rust is on the truck. After spending 3 days washing and waxing the truck to get most of the oxidation off of it it is now as the pics appear

here is a link http://www.photobucket.com/greeneyedmnst (link updated on 8/18/2010)

There are a couple of things that I really need to get ironed out in this old girl. I have found a problem with the truck back firing through the exhaust when down shifting. With that I checked for an exhaust leak and found a pretty major one coming from between the intake and exhaust manifolds. I am also on the hunt to see if these trucks came with "high altitude jets" for the carburetor so that I can get them swapped out for low altitude jets (since the truck now lives in California) If anybody out there could help me find this part you would be a god send.

I also just found out that some of you are going to be meeting up in SLO on the 20th of Aug. I would love to come and see you guys and see your pride and joys :)

Thank you all again for you help
Last edited by craighill74 on August 18, 2010, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

Hello, and welcome from Vallejo Ca.
Great looking truck... woohoo.gif
Find a local carb shop and you will do fine. The one I use is Contra Costa Carb ,in Concord Ca, about an hour north west of you, just off highway 4, and 680, well worth the ride. They have done several jobs for me... not real expensive, and they stand by their work! 8)
John
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
Obsa
United States of America

Post by Obsa »

Back when I was driving my old 66 backfiring when downshifting was it's way of telling me it was time to set the points. A little tuning tlc and no more backfiring till next tuneup time.
Oh yeah nice truck, not really digging the camper shell but to each his own.
As my dad used to say, somewhere there was a horse that died a painful death from terminal constipation due to missing a key part of its anatomy.
craighill74

Post by craighill74 »

Updated pictures on the photobucket
oldtrucks
United States of America

Post by oldtrucks »

craighill74

Welcome from North Idaho and a very clean truck to say the least. Very nice to hear of another family owned truck staying in the family.
Mike Kincheloe
Mikes Old Trucks
I restore old trucks and cars

1962 UNI Short Box, Stock Y block, 4 speed Image
1972 F 250 4X4 429 4 speed Dana 70 rear
1977 F 350 Camper Special, Ranger, Super Cab
1950 F7 Cab and Chassis
1976 F150 4 Speed 4 X 4
1996 Taurus
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Craig.
Another welcome from the Great State of Texas, er ah, down Houston way.
Glad to have you in the family.
Uncle Skip
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
fire truck
United States of America

Post by fire truck »

nice truck....

So good lookin' that I've attracted an international stalker.

Rest in Peace Bumpstick....I miss ya man.
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

welcome.gif from NE PA! Enjoy the site. Always great advice given when needed
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
64shortbed

Post by 64shortbed »

Hello from Paso Robles and another owner of grandpa's old truck!
-don
'64 F100 262-I6
craighill74

Post by craighill74 »

Don,

I just found your project link. That is one dam fine old girl you have there. I enjoyed very much all the pics that you have posted and the constant updates. I also drive down to Grover Beach once a month. We should meet up some time.
64shortbed

Post by 64shortbed »

Don,

I just found your project link. That is one dam fine old girl you have there. I enjoyed very much all the pics that you have posted and the constant updates. I also drive down to Grover Beach once a month. We should meet up some time.

Sounds good. PM me when you're coming down sometime. There is a weekly gathering of classic cars at a local coffee shop on Saturdays, we could grab a cup and check out the cars.
-don
'64 F100 262-I6
Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

Hi Craig,
Nice truck! I have one that is very similar, but yours is in even better shape! I am about 90 minutes north of you in Davis, but I lived in "Mo-town" for about 10 years in the 80's (MJC grad, too). Hope we can meet sometime! :D
Drew

66 F250 Frame swap, EFI 408W, ZF 5-speed swap (still!) in progress
63 Falcon Futura EFI 331W, T5, but not much progress... Slicks First!!!