65fordguy's build thread [PICS]

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

Thanks, Things are coming along.. the kids went to skills usa this week and placed 1st 2nd and 3rd in the state.. heres an update as of today.. getting some blue tomorrow.
since I did away with the 65 filler panel with the turn signals.. I came up with a set of these.

on the lift.. working on my fuel lines.. I got up to the steering gear and
then got aggravated at the fact the line goes behind the steering gear.

Taped off and ready for the blue. Glad my $200 California Tailgate is working out .. needed only a little work to make it straight. . . yeah I know its not a 65.. but hey.. it was rust free, dent free, and cheap!

Hood with a Intercoat (over reduced clear--for between coats and taping off) on it... getting 2 coats of the good stuff when she's all painted up..
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

Feeling Blue today. :-)

ready for the clear and a cut and buff.
F7BIGJOB
Location: West Greenwich, Rhode Island & Providence Plantations
United States of America

Post by F7BIGJOB »

Paint is nice :D

Excellent color choice BTW :shock:
F7BIGJOB
-Steve

1965 F-250 4x4 Flareside

ImageImage
fire truck
United States of America

Post by fire truck »

Lookin sweeeeet!! Good work dude.
So good lookin' that I've attracted an international stalker.

Rest in Peace Bumpstick....I miss ya man.
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

Thanks, yeah I love the color.. I was kinda nervous looking in the Can that it was too dark.. but, boy it came out nice. Some of you purist may not like that we didn't take the white/blue line straight across the back.. I followed the curve of the body line down the back..so the back of the cab is mostly white. I'll post a pic later.
65 f100
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

Picture of the back side.
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

I love the smell of fresh paint. Looking good :thumright:
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

truck is out of the booth.. we are going to start unmasking it and wetsand it down and get it ready for clear.. + some shots of the shop.. nothing sweeter than a shop full of Fords being reborn... yes thats a 32 Ford Pickup way back there.

The 47 Ford truck up front is an X rat rod getting less ratty.. by the first year guys. The cab was not worth keeping for a resto so the guy made a rat out of it.. a tree did some damage to the roof and side.. so its got a lot of 'character' ... its chopped, dropped, z'd, channeled, and tucked. the bed was narrowed and shortened.. wood bed put in, T bucket gas tank in the bed.. custom chassis with transverse springs. You may also notice the motor is in there backwards.. because of this he had to cut a chunk out of the firewall.. we pick at him about that. Just wrong. lol. but different strokes for different folks.

65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

Starting assembling the parts! grille and filler panel are next on my list.. can't wait to see the 65 with out the eyebrows over the headlights.. and the hood ornament poking out.. Bed should be done here soon and home from the paint shop.

deflaytedwayz

Post by deflaytedwayz »

65fordguy wrote:

It's coming along great! I wish my hood looked that good!
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Hell yea, looks awesome!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

deflaytedwayz wrote:
65fordguy wrote:

It's coming along great! I wish my hood looked that good!

Thanks, It didn't always look that good.. there are quite a few hours in that hood. Im glad I got rid of the nose emblem.. I am digging the smooth look. Kept the fender emblems though.
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

Max wrote:Hell yea, looks awesome!

Thanks Max... I agree.. can't wait to get it all together.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

That is looking really nice!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

Greg D wrote:That is looking really nice!

Thanks, Hope I can get the nose put together soon.. and get the bed done and home.
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

Got the original grille shell fitted up.. also got the 64 upper grille panel mounted up.. Looks SO much better with out those eyebrows over the headlights! Diggin the smoothed out letters. Got to finish mounting it all up and getting it lined up.

fire truck
United States of America

Post by fire truck »

nice! I love the 65 grille/64 valance combo...
So good lookin' that I've attracted an international stalker.

Rest in Peace Bumpstick....I miss ya man.
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

working on the new headlights.. had to wire in the turn signals.. really love the way they look. a friend of mine ( who is a retired metal worker) is working on polishing the aluminum head light bezels for me. looking forward to that. Going to get the front roll pan painted ( the kind thats on 4x4 and big trucks ) this week.. and get the bed married back to the truck hopefully this week.. its is just about done. Will post pics!

65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

also, going to go drill off the 64 front bumper mounts off the parts truck.. I want to tuck the bumper in some ... after I get the roll pan on the front installed.. I want to close up the gap.. and this panel vs the stock panel.. fits the contour much better of the re pop bumper than the stocker... plus my stocker was all bent up. my plan is to cut the molded front off the 65 frame horns.. which the drivers side is almost an inch further out than the passengers.. the truck rolled into a poll at some point in its life.. the stock bumper and filler panel were knocked all out of whack.. but, the frame is straight.. the hit only effected the front horn alignment on both sides... once the horns are cut off, get the position right, drill the holes and bolt it up..
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

Picked up the bed today, its been a long time since the truck and bed have been together... about 3 years.. that old bed has come a long way from the scrap metal we started with.

We still have some places to touch up but we wanted to get the truck further along to make sure no uh ohs happen when putting it back together... and just fix them all at once.
65 f100