My 1965 ford f100

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

therealjoeshmoe

Re: My 1965 ford f100

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

well started welding up the floor pan.. Im not the greatest welder as you can see, but it seems solid, and thats all that matters to me...got a little more work to do to this piece and i have 3 other holes ive got to weld up! hopefully ill get everything welded up this week and i can start finishing up the bottom of the cab. i also rounded me up a engine stand so fixing to pull the motor and start on it as well... getting a little overwelmed but im gonna push right through!!! :?

Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
therealjoeshmoe

well, ive got her almost completely tore down... all i have left is to pull motor and tranny.. i cant decide if im happy or sad... lol

Image Image Image Image
therealjoeshmoe

well I got the motor and tranny pulled, got the motor on the stand.

gonna get all my dirty stuff degreased and pressure washed this weekend and hopefully start painting them..

Image Image Image Image
64f100sixcylinder

Post by 64f100sixcylinder »

You have a lot of work ahead of you, stick with it. Looks good
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

Joe
Nice work so far....

I see you mentioned 'going back stock' with the front suspension. I'm not sure if you realize this but from the pics you posted it appears your front beams have been bent - probably intentionally for lowering purposes by cutting the coils. At least all the beams i've removed are basically straight and don't have that slight bow in them.....

Anyway, maybe you are aware and planning to cut the coils but if not, I think you will most likely run in to camper issues....
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
therealjoeshmoe

it had stock coils on it before and it was dead on..

Image Image Image Image
therealjoeshmoe

well i got the frame, tranny and a few other things all cleaned and degreased, thanks to purple power and a pressure washer!! talk about being a nasty job!!! almost as bad as naked sandblasting..!!! lol

i think most of the grease and crap got transferd to me from the frame!! lol

Image Image Image Image
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

hahaha, those look like some sort of zombie apocalypse legs !

I am glad it is just grease and dirt ;) heaven knows I bet I STILL have "SLICK" rust in my system somewhere...
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

Good deal (springs/beams/alignment). It should be good to go then when you put it all back together. Just thought i'd mention it since things like that sometimes aren't very noticeable unless you have two of them right next to each other for comparison.

It looks like you are making good progress! I hope you make your goal for Slick Stock......
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
therealjoeshmoe

im really hopeing to make it to slickstock this year with my ford... it more than likely wont be done.. im feeling very overwhelmed.. but....................

Image Image Image Image
therealjoeshmoe

welp took a week of vacation and got alot of work done to my ford..kinda motivating to look at where i am now..
heres what i did..

degreased and sanded down frame.. and put rust neutralizing primor on

sprayed frame with satin black rustoleum..

got the rear end and front end loosely fitted

cleaned up the ole 352 a little

got tranny degreased and clean and painted with deezee bedliner spray

backing plates for the 9" cleaned degreased andprimed then on the outside coated with bedliner spray

and brake drums painted with 2,000 degree paint

Image Image Image Image
therealjoeshmoe

worked some more this weekend.. did a test run on my brakes to see how they were going to look, and i was pleased...lol i got the rear pumpkin all cleaned and painted, then Sunday i spend all morning welding up the bottom of my cab, then Sunday evening i finished up wire grinding the bottom of the cab and primed with rust neutralizer.. here some pics

Image Image Image Image
therealjoeshmoe

WELL I THOUGHT I WAS HAVEING A PRETTY EVENTFULL WEEKEND, BUT AS THEY SAY 1 STEP FORWARD 12 BACK.. I WOULDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO IF IT WENT TOGETHER RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.. i ENDED UP PUTTING THE BACKING PLATES ON THE WRONG SIDE, SO I GOT TO SWITCH THE WHEEL CYLINDERS AND PLATES.. I ALSO PUT BOTH PRIMARY SHOES ON ONE SIDE TOO LOL, IM LEARNING AS I GO.. IM JUST GLAD I HAVE THIS WEBSITE AND FACEBOOK SLICK60S, TO HELP ME GET IT RIGHT.. ANYWAY HERES SOME PICS!

Image Image Image Image
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Isn't it amazing how you can find NEW parts with a sandblaster and a good paint job ;)
therealjoeshmoe

CARB CLEANER AND A SCRUB BRUSH WORKS WANDERS !!! LOL

Image Image Image Image
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

You are not goofing off on this rebuild.. holey cow your Gramps ole truck will be cherry for years after this over haul...
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Great work Joe, hope to see you at Slickstock!..

Oh and I noticed there were no foot photo comments!..... :roll:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
therealjoeshmoe

COULDNT GET MY REAR EMERGENCY BRAKE CABLES FREE'D UP SO I WENT AHEAD AND ORDERED ALL NEW CABLES.. NOW I JUST GOT TO WAIT TILL THEY COME IN SO I CAN ASSEMBLE THE REAR HUBS.. GONNA TRY TO GET MY NEW BRAKE LINES RAN THIS WEEKEND.. GIVE ME A CHANCE TO USE MY NEW DOUBLE FLAREING TOOL!! :lol:

Image Image Image Image
therealjoeshmoe

THANKS GUYS, BOTH MY GRANDPAS ARE GONE AND GRANDMAS.. SO THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT I HAVE LEFT FROM MY DADS DAD, I REMEMBER GOING OVER TO GRANDPAS AND THAT TRUCK WOULD SIT BEHIND HIS HOUSE WITH A TWO HORSE, HORSE TRAILER HOOKED UP TO IT.. i WOULD ALWAYS GO OUT AND PLAY IN THE TRAILER. THERE WAS NEVER A TIME I SAW THAT TRAILER UNHOOKED,, I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAD GOTTEN THAT TRAILER, JUST FOR SENTIMENTAL REASONS, PLUS MY DAUGHTER NEEDS ONE RIGHT NOW LOL... MY GRANDPA WOULD GET THE OLD MEAN RACE HORSES THAT NOONE WANTED AND HE WOULD WORK WITH THEM AND GET THEM WHERE SOMEONE COULD USE THEM, AND THEN HE WOULD ADOPT TEM OUT.. HE REALLY LOVED TRAINING HORSES, AND HE WAS GREAT AT IT TOO! I REALLY THOUGHT A LOT ABOUT MY OLE GRANDPA, HE INTRODUCED ME TO GOATS, CHICKENS AND HORSES. LOL AND WOULD TAKE ME TO THE HORSE RACES WITH HIM.. WE HAD SOME GOOD TIMES... I CANT WAIT TO GET THE TRUCK DONE, THE FIRST PLACE I AM GONNA DRIVE IT IS OVER TO THE NATIONAL CEMETERY TO SHOW GRANDPA.. ANYWAY THIS OLE TRUCK HAS BEEN A BIG PART OF MY LIFE AS WELL, GRANDPA BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW, I GOT IT IN 1995, CANT BELIEVE IVE HAD IT ALMOST 20 YEARS!!! ANYWAY IT WAS MY FIRST TRUCK, IT WAS THERE EVERYDAY AT SCHOOL, NEVER BROKE DOWN ON ME! GRANTED I TOOK CARE OF IT. IT WAS THERE AT PROM, GRADUATION, COLLEGE, TREE FELL ON IT AND DIDNT EVEN SCRATCH IT! SIT OUT IN A HALE STORM WITH A LITTLE BIGGER THEN GOLF BALL SIZE HALE AND NOT EVEN A DENT.. THIS TRUCK IS FAMILY AND IT WILL BE LEFT TO MY DAUGHTER WHEN I DIE.. HOPEFULLY SHE WILL KEEP IT AND LOVE IT LIKE I DO.. ANYWAY THERES MY TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE LOL

HERE I AM ON GRADUATION NIGHT

HERE IS MY GRANDPA DOING WHAT HE LOVED, HE IS THE ONE ON THE FAR LEFT

AND HERE IS MY MOMS DAD WITH HIS WORK TRUCK A 1963 F100 I BELIVE I SADLY NEVER GOT TO MEET HIM.. MOM TOLD ME HE LOVED TO TAKE THINGS APART AND REBUILD THEM, SO WE WOULD GET ALONG GREAT,, HE DESIGNED AND BUILT A LOCAL TOWNS WATER SYSTEM, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NEAT TO HAVE MET HIM!

Image Image Image Image
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

Nice story. Keep up the good work.