Valve cover track

Next location of SlickStock

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

Valve cover track

Post by Kid »

Got the first section built today, only 4 more to go. Should be able to knock out the next 4 sections in a day then all we need to do is build the legs for it. The new track will have lanes that are 11 in wide so if you are building a new racer keep that in mind. Going to design a way to where both lanes will be started at the same time by one mechanism. We need to get as many racers as possible this year to make it last longer. It is always a blast to watch and participate in so get busy and get one built. If you forget and remember when you get there you can always run to Wal-Mart and get a skate board and take a valve cover off the engine of the truck you drove and race it, Right....................Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
foodstick

Re: Valve cover track

Post by foodstick »

I don't recall if you were still using any RULES? or if there was an open class? I recall seeing some interesting concepts last time.. :)
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i have a chebby cover for you guys to beat up on.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Rules, Yea we have 2,
1, it has to fit on the track'
2, it can not break the track
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Worked on the track again this weekend and we have all 5 sections done and just need to build the legs for them. It will be 6ft high at the starting end and will be 5 sections for 40ft long. I think we need to do a Friday qualify and Sat eliminations. This has been alot more work than I expected and if it wasnt for my Buddy John I would have never finished this project
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Lets hear it for Kid and John!!.............. :clap: , I hope you bought him a beer Darrell!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

I tried to pay him for all he has done and he refused any money so I offered to pay for him and his wife a room for Sat nite at SS................Kid