Brought my donor dent home today

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bmcgc
United States of America

Brought my donor dent home today

Post by bmcgc »

I paid $750 for a 76 F150, 390 3 speed, the owner wasnt going to budge one cent so it was a take it or leave it deal.

I wanted the 3 speed power steering column and I didnt think I would find another one very easy.

I also got a new uninstalled exhaust, new alt, new coil, new gas tank, new uninstalled fuel lines, new 750 carb.

I dont think the 76 gas tank will fit between my 66 frame rails.

The Duraspark is in poor condition, the left exhaust manifold is missing, and the power steering pump bracket looks like it is not mounted correctly. I have no idea the last time the truck was on the road.

I have no idea what brand the exhaust is, there are no hangers or hardware, and Im not going to use the glasspaks. Im looking for a set of take off Mustang GT mufflers. I had a set and gave them away last year, they were just taking up room.

This truck is in rough shape but it has a lot of parts I want. Im going to keep the 390 and the 3 speed for a rainy day project, otherwise Im stripping off what I want and hauling the rest to the bone yard.

Ive got tons of projects to work on now, so this should keep me busy all summer.
Attachments
linkage.jpg
linkage.jpg (166.56 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Exhaust.jpg
Exhaust.jpg (210.64 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Brutus.jpg
Brutus.jpg (230.1 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Over the hill and picking up speed!

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
2012 Dodge Caliber (Hers-under protest)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
Ask Elvis WTH he has been
Spend the summer as Meatloafs Roadie
Be a member of the "Five Timers" club
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Re: Brought my donor dent home today

Post by ezernut9mm »

you should do alright parting the truck for some money back before scrapping the rest. there is a 73-79 forum dedicated to those trucks.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
fire truck
United States of America

Post by fire truck »

good score dude!
So good lookin' that I've attracted an international stalker.

Rest in Peace Bumpstick....I miss ya man.
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Does it have disc brakes?
bmcgc
United States of America

Post by bmcgc »

It does!

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

disc brake set up is almost what you payed for the truck.
Hawkrod
United States of America

Post by Hawkrod »

ras4434 wrote:disc brake set up is almost what you payed for the truck.
I don't think so. I have sold a lot of them and $200 is tops for used front brakes unless it is all new. eBay them and you will get even less. Brakes still attached and you remove them are worth $150 if everything is good for cores. Steering column with shift linkage is worth $250+ and steering box and pump is worth another $100. Rear end may have good gear ratio and so can bring anywhere from $50 for a lousy ratio open to $350 for a great ratio limited slip. Lots of other good parts to make up the difference so it was a good buy but lets not over inflate the value of the parts to make it seem like a national treasure. I would probably been willing to go $500 just to buy and break it up but half of that is because of the trans and steering column as they are very easy to sell as a package. BTW, front bumper fits a bump, the grille has demand if it is as good as it looks and even the wheels can be sold. The bed rails may be original Ford accessory ones but I can't tell from the pics. Lots of little stuff has value too like the spare tire carrier and odd stuff like that, an ad on Craigslist can leave a shell on a good weekend but strip what you want first and hide it or it may get damaged or stolen. Make them bring tools and break it down for you! LOL Been there too many times and done that! Hawkrod
bmcgc
United States of America

Post by bmcgc »

Hawkrod wrote:
I don't think so. I have sold a lot of them and $200 is tops for used front brakes unless it is all new. eBay them and you will get even less. Brakes still attached and you remove them are worth $150 if everything is good for cores. Steering column with shift linkage is worth $250+ and steering box and pump is worth another $100. Rear end may have good gear ratio and so can bring anywhere from $50 for a lousy ratio open to $350 for a great ratio limited slip. Lots of other good parts to make up the difference so it was a good buy but lets not over inflate the value of the parts to make it seem like a national treasure. I would probably been willing to go $500 just to buy and break it up but half of that is because of the trans and steering column as they are very easy to sell as a package. Hawkrod
For $750 I got the following NEW PARTS: Under bed gas tank and metal fuel line, coil, 750 Edlebrock carb, LMC dual exhaust, alt, gas cap. I also got the 3 speed power steering column, power disc brakes, Duraspark, the engine pully brackets I need, 390, 3 speed, 4 oem wheels, I havent looked at the rear end to see if I want that.

I will take a deal like this all day.

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

also, the windshield will fit the 67-72 trucks. looks like it has sport mirrors. they sell ok if the glass is good, chrome is ok and the heads are tight. it was a good buy. part it and make some coin back.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Hawkrod
United States of America

Post by Hawkrod »

bmcgc wrote:
Hawkrod wrote:
I don't think so. I have sold a lot of them and $200 is tops for used front brakes unless it is all new. eBay them and you will get even less. Brakes still attached and you remove them are worth $150 if everything is good for cores. Steering column with shift linkage is worth $250+ and steering box and pump is worth another $100. Rear end may have good gear ratio and so can bring anywhere from $50 for a lousy ratio open to $350 for a great ratio limited slip. Lots of other good parts to make up the difference so it was a good buy but lets not over inflate the value of the parts to make it seem like a national treasure. I would probably been willing to go $500 just to buy and break it up but half of that is because of the trans and steering column as they are very easy to sell as a package. Hawkrod
For $750 I got the following NEW PARTS: Under bed gas tank and metal fuel line, coil, 750 Edlebrock carb, LMC dual exhaust, alt, gas cap. I also got the 3 speed power steering column, power disc brakes, Duraspark, the engine pully brackets I need, 390, 3 speed, 4 oem wheels, I havent looked at the rear end to see if I want that.

I will take a deal like this all day.
I wasn't saying it was a bad deal, my comment on price that I would pay was that I would buy it just to resell the parts and at $500 I could make a good return. If you are buying to keep the parts you are way ahead of what I would sell them to you for. I think you got a great deal because you wanted the parts (and all the new parts just put icing on the cake). Hawkrod