More Slicks coming to Auction....

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BarnieTrk

More Slicks coming to Auction....

Post by BarnieTrk »

A) ....care to place a guess as to what the winning bids will be?

#1) http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detai ... 113-145034

#2) http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detai ... 113-148882

#3) http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detai ... 113-142720

B) ....of the three, if you could drive one home for free, which would you pick?

BarnieTrk :argue:
Thomas1190
United States of America

Re: More Slicks coming to Auction....

Post by Thomas1190 »

Being a new guy I dont have a clue what these will go for lol. Since im responding first I'll take a shot here, The first one maybe 8k? Second one 20k and third maybe 15k. Those are newbie guesses so bear with me!! Lol

If I could drive one home for free, id pick the first one. Its the one closest to original specs, which I personally prefer. All nice trucks though nonetheless.
f100jim
United States of America

Post by f100jim »

Thomas1190 wrote:Being a new guy I dont have a clue what these will go for lol. Since im responding first I'll take a shot here, The first one maybe 8k? Second one 20k and third maybe 15k. Those are newbie guesses so bear with me!! Lol

If I could drive one home for free, id pick the first one. Its the one closest to original specs, which I personally prefer. All nice trucks though nonetheless.
X2 8)
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

BarnieTrk wrote:B) ....of the three, if you could drive one home for free, which would you pick?
definitely #1 with the 410. its very rare.
- Rotisserie restored short bed pickup
- 410 CI big block engine Merader
- Believed to be 27,200 actual miles
- Stored for 27 years
- Very rare truck verified by Ford

they should give it to me for free because they cant spell "maurader" correctly and its on the air cleaner to see.

#3 should be parted out and only the body saved, the rest is crusher food.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

I would take number 3 since I know I can rip all the chebby crap out of it and slide a Crown Vic under it :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

ON #3 Cannot afford it that truck has been passed around like a woman working the back lot of a truckstop, every year I see it with different owners and the price tag is usally around 45 to 50,000,, I seen that truck with its sister, yes there is another one just like that same but differnt interior both uni's both big windows,, at the turkey rod run, good guys charlotte auto fair etc,, its has more miles rolling in and out of trailers,, Oh its a nice truck buts it's ashamed the way it has been passed around all these years,, one of the owners wanted to build a uni sold him a lot of stuff for it then out of the blue returned it and said he just bought that truck, had few months and then he sold it,, I really feel sorry fo the poor truck
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:
BarnieTrk wrote:B) ....of the three, if you could drive one home for free, which would you pick?
definitely #1 with the 410. its very rare.
- Rotisserie restored short bed pickup
- 410 CI big block engine Merader
- Believed to be 27,200 actual miles
- Stored for 27 years
- Very rare truck verified by Ford

they should give it to me for free because they cant spell "maurader" correctly and its on the air cleaner to see.

#3 should be parted out and only the body saved, the rest is crusher food.
^^ X2 ^^ My thoughts exactly, ICEMAN! :thumright:

Anyone know what is meant by, "Very rare truck verified by Ford" ? :dontknow:

BarnieTrk :2cents:
dbrady

Post by dbrady »

I'd typcially prefer the 1st (classic truck) but am really drawn to the 2nd (purple truck). But since you said for free, I'd gladly taken any of the 3 (even the basterd 3rd uni).
Darren

2010 F150
1967 Mustang Coupe
1966 F100
f100jim
United States of America

Post by f100jim »

Dealer must of told them, truck#1 was "- Very rare truck verified by Ford " just to get the :bs: ers to leave the lot :D
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i was not aware that 410's made it into these trucks.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
65ford1

Post by 65ford1 »

First truck for me also ,other two just dont do it for me.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

ezernut9mm wrote:i was not aware that 410's made it into these trucks.
Looks as if one did, just probably NOT at the factory! Obviously, it was no more a standard production option than the 427 as found in the F100XL. IF it were done at the factory, methinks it would not be displaying "Marauder" air cleaner logo.
But, who knows? Maybe it was "verified" by Gerald :P
It would also be my first choice, although the pics do not verify "restoration" , or "27,000 miles".
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i dunno paul, some crown vics had "thunderbird" valve covers. lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

I would take the second truck.... and then give it to my wife, she likes that shade of purple. :)
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

ezernut9mm wrote:i dunno paul, some crown vics had "thunderbird" valve covers. lol
AND "Thunderbird" engines; then there's those "Cobras" :oops: Maybe it was "maruading" as a 360 :P , kinda like a Chebbie "Imposter SS"! I still don't think it's likely. The VIN/ DSO would tell the tale, but i'm under orders to avoid auctions! Since I am a Mecum subscriber, I may email for more info.
Anyway, pretty sure it would really upset someone who had to change out a flywheel or flexplate, and was unfamilar with the 410's:
"Gimme a flex plate for a '66 F100 w/ a 410! "The only engine of that design shown is a 360!" "Well give me one for a 360!" "Dam, this thing didn't rattle and shake like this before! "
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

ezernut9mm wrote:i was not aware that 410's made it into these trucks.
if you had enough $ and were willing to pay it could be had.
remember that dealerships back in the 60s were mostly small family run businesses and had customers who were family friends of the owners/salesman.
and the 410 was an easy bolt in replacement for the 352.

there were no tests or laws back then stating you had the wrong engine, today some states with emissions test will fail you for having a non-factory offered engine.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
64LL

Post by 64LL »

My opinion, but I don't know many people who would choose a 63 grill over a 61 or even 62 or 64 to put on #3.
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

Toyz wrote: The VIN/ DSO would tell the tale....
ICEMAN6166 wrote: if you had enough $ and were willing to pay it could be had.
remember that dealerships back in the 60s were mostly small family run businesses and had customers who were family friends of the owners/salesman. and the 410 was an easy bolt in replacement for the 352.
there were no tests or laws back then stating you had the wrong engine, today some states with emissions test will fail you for having a non-factory offered engine.
Agreed, X2 ^^ .

Even if the VIN/Warranty Data Plate indicates a 352 engine, the 410 could have been installed by the dealer BEFORE being delivered to the buying customer. I highly doubt it would have come off the manufacturing line with the 410. It is possible it could have come off the line WITHOUT an engine code on the VIN/WDP, similar to the F100-XL truck had. http://f-100xl.info/vin.JPG

I would guess it was produced with a 352 which was later pulled and the 410 was installed at the DSO dealer. ("We need" to see this Slicks' WDP....)

NOW - if the current owner has dealer-issued paperwork indicating they installed the 410, THAT would make this a 'verified by Ford' truck and VERY unique....as I'm sure there aren't many Slicks around with such "supporting paperwork".

Such supporting paperwork is typically referred to as it's provenance, supporting the authenticity of the rarity claim.

Lastly, remember, rarity does NOT determine value..... Value (worth) is strictly determined by the buying public at the time of auction.

BarnieTrk :2cents:
SLICKCOLLECTOR
United States of America

Post by SLICKCOLLECTOR »

#1 27000 actual miles and the wrong tailgate. notice the body line of the tailgate on the left side. the opening is not straight.

jim
1966 F100 SW 428CJ C6
1965 F100 SW 428 TL sold
1966 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1965 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1966 F100 LB RANGER 390 C6 sold finally
1965 F100 SW CVC 460PI C6
1965 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1972 F100 RANGER XLT SW 428 C6 SOLD
1967 F100 SW CVC 521 C6
1967 F350 390 4 SPEED
1970 F350 428 4 SPEED
1974 F350 428 4 SPEED
1966 F100 523 STROKER C6 GEARVENDORS OVERDRIVE finished
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

SLICKCOLLECTOR wrote:#1 27000 actual miles and the wrong tailgate. notice the body line of the tailgate on the left side. the opening is not straight.

jim
Floor shift conversion; if the original trans indicator had been left on the column, it might be revealing. 1966 was the first year of the Select Shift C6, or Multi-Drive in Merc's case. I think it's VERY unlikely the engine was installed prior to first retail purchase. IF it were the equivalent of the "body in white" vehicles, the "warranty" plate would look like that of the F100 XL in the engine code, probably with a Domestic or Foreign Special Order code such as 33 84 indicating Home Office Reserve -kind of a catch-all which included the Ford Drag Team vehicles, (although they showed engine /trans/ rear as delivered to the sponsoring dealer). If it did prove to have a documented history; I agree with Jim in that it appears to be a very poor "rotisserie" restoration.
IMO, if there were "verified" documentation, it should have been returned to "original" status; no later model wheels, no floor shift conversion with the column indicator slot in evidence, no late model radio, etc., etc.
It would be nice to find that it were a well verified factory installation; it could quite easily be returned to original condition; I just really don't believe that to be the case, and if it were, why is the seller, and Mecum, not providing supporting information?
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul