Nicks 63 Uni

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

kstones63
United States of America

Re: Nicks 63 Uni

Post by kstones63 »

Here is a pic of the truck sitting down on the tires. The tire are 26" tall so that should be about the height of the tire that he will be using. The front tires on my truck are 26 1/2" tall.
We did move the front axle forward 1" but it looks it isn't. I think that is because of the camera angle.
I think that it is sitting just about right. The fender is sitting 5/8" to 3/4" lower than my truck sits.
I have not completely welded in the cross member. I am going to wait until we have the front fenders off of the truck so it will be easier to plate and weld.

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Looks good Personally I would move it up into the frame a little but I like em low :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
nstones63uni
United States of America

Post by nstones63uni »

Heading to look at a Lincoln Mark Vlll tomorrow so i can get the motor and tranny out of it and then part out the car.. Hopefully everything will work out alright so i can get the motor and tranny out of it.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Uh, Oh,
This is turning serious :lol:
Hope that ol' Camaro clip is up to the challenge! :P
Looking at a Gen one or Gen two Mark?
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

We missed the Mark VIII by 2-3 miles this morning. We were on our way out to Mesa and got a call from the owner that someone had just bought it. We were 2-3 miles away from his place. He had told me that someone else was coming to look at it but he didn't say when he was coming.
We will find something before too long.
We have the steering column drop, the steering joints and shaft ordered so we will have plenty to work on until we find an engine and trans. We still have to get the rear IRS installed and I am sure that will take some time.

Kevin
kstones63
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

There's plenty of them around, Kevin; at least the seller had the courtesy to call!
I know there's advantages to the "been there, done that" Mark VIII's, especially price-wise, but it seems there are more of the '00-up Navigators showing up at reasonable prices, as well as the Marauder/Mustang 32 valves.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Paul, We are looking at the Mark VIII, Mustang GT and the navigator engines. Around here everybody seems to want at least 2500 -3500 for a Mustang or Navigator engine and trans. The only one that is reasonable price is the Mark VIII and now people are starting to want more for them.

I found an 04 Navigator engine and trans for a reasonable price but he doesn't have the computer with it.

Kevin
kstones63
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Kevin,
that's somewhat above the norm here, but not by much. If the Navi is just missing the computer, I wouldn't let that stand in the way; assuming everything else is suitable. With the mods you will entail anyway, and your knowledge gained from the last one; a stand-alone system might prove as economical, and less-time-consuming.
As far as Mark VIII; let me know if you have any accessory/ harness or other needs. I have one that will be departing behind the old tow truck shortly; that engine is going in a '98 so the original OBD II stuff will not be used.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
KARASKUSTOMS

Post by KARASKUSTOMS »

I wanna see how the mod motor fits around the Jag front end? I was gonna go that way with my 5.4 3V conversion, but I think the rack was gonna be in the way of the oil pan! Let us know how it works out.
nstones63uni
United States of America

Post by nstones63uni »

Well just bought the 5.4 quad cam motor out of a 04 lincoln navigator prob going to have to make some adjustments to get the motor to fit.
KARASKUSTOMS

Post by KARASKUSTOMS »

Let us know how it goes, I wanted my truck much lower, so It might not be an issue for you. What's your plan with the wiring for the Lincoln motor? Did you get the trans too?
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

We did get the trans with the engine. We will need to find a ECM for it.
After getting it home, it does appear that the oil pan is going to be a problem with the Jag rack. I am looking into modifying the pan a little bit to make some clearance for it.
The other problem is going to be the Navigator intake. It is going to be way to tall to clear the hood. A supercharger would have better clearance than the factory intake. :? I hate it when I talk like that. :lol: The intake must be 8" above the valve covers.

I can make this work. I know I can. I know I can.

Kevin
kstones63
nstones63uni
United States of America

Post by nstones63uni »

I like it when u talk like that. I told u im going to do a supercharger it looks like I may have to now :mrgreen:
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Kevin having seen your other work I'm not to worried as I know you'll make it not only work but look good at the same time :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Nick/Kevin, have you looked into the front sump pans from Canton/ Ford Motorsport?
They're kinda pricey with pickup, and I'm not sure if they are a solution for your chassis. The intake is not a large problem IMO; there's lots of options out there, of course the best one is probably a compact twin-screw :twisted: !
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Toyz wrote:Nick/Kevin, have you looked into the front sump pans from Canton/ Ford Motorsport?
They're kinda pricey with pickup, and I'm not sure if they are a solution for your chassis. The intake is not a large problem IMO; there's lots of options out there, of course the best one is probably a compact twin-screw :twisted: !
Paul
Paul, I haven't found a top mounted supercharger for the 5.4 DOHC yet. They might be out there but I haven't seen it yet. The intake appears that it will clear the hood. The intake is another problem for that engine. I haven't found anybody that makes an aftermarket or even a factory intake that will fit it for sure. Apparently the late model Boss 302 intake will fit but it still needs modification and hasn't been completely proven yet. The coyote intake will apparently fit easier with some modifications but you have to relocate the alternator. He plans on using the a/c, p/s and the alternator so there isn't anyplace to relocate it to. The other people have been putting where the a/c compressor is.
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... 4239699728
This was some interesting reading.

Kevin
kstones63
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

If we use a front sump oil pan, the intake will probably stick out of the hood. We will need the front part of the pan sitting real tight to the cross member as it is.
I think that I can modify the oil pan providing that there isn't anything inside that will stop me from moving it back some. It appears that we will need to modify the front of the pan by moving it back 1 1/2" - 2". We are going to remove the rack and the front fenders so we can set this new engine down in the truck so we will know exactly what needs to be modified.

Kevin
kstones63
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Sullivan Performance no longer makes their neat 7 inch lower intake, but there should be some around. Don't rule out the GT 500/GT40 pull-off stuff.
With your skills, I don't expect the pan to be a problem! There is always the factory solution: tuck it waaay back under the cowl!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

I hope to not do any modifications to the firewall unless it is absolutely necessary. If it requires slight mods, it might be done.
We took the transmission out tonight and will finish getting the radiator out and everything disconnected so that Friday night or Saturday morning the engine will come out along with the fenders and core support.
The more that I am under this truck, the happier I am with it. The bottom of the cab is in great condition and the torque box appears to be in great condition. I will try and remember to get pics of the things.

Kevin
kstones63
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

The engine is out. This pic shows the Jag IFS in the truck and you can see the problem with the rack and the oil pan.

We need to remove the rear engine cross member before we try the new engine in it's place.
Should there be something to replace that cross member? My truck didn't have a cross member there.
The front fenders come off on Saturday.

Kevin
kstones63