Poetry from SS 08

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

Poetry from SS 08

Post by Kid »

We had a couple poetic posts about SS
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Kid
United States of America

Re: Poetry from SS 08

Post by Kid »

from Mark

Twas the year before Slickstock and all through the shop, not a tool was a stirring, not even a mop

the coverals were hung by the toolbox with care, in hopes that ambition would move them from there

the welder was dusty, parts laid in the bed (box)LOL, while visions of completion danced in JC's head

and ma with her rolling pin chasing me as I went, out to the garage yelling about all the money I've spent

when out on the puter there arose such a clatter, I nearly dropped my beer to see what was the matter.

away to the laptop I flew in a flash, I openned my paypal account and filled it with cash

The LCD glow of the monitor gave way, to the dream I've been having for many a day

For what to my lustful eyes should appear, twas a Ford powered Bricklin, 75 was the year.

with a 351 Windsor so lively and quick, I knew if I was outbid I would surely be sick

"buy it now" was in sight, out with the mouse he came, he clicked once, he clicked twice as he called out their names. Hoofbeat and Garbz, Banjo and FBPete, even SlickFan in Utah and Nebraska's Greg D! El Polacko, Heavy Hauler, Brother Vinnie, Uncle Skip, Oh Iceman please forgive me don't think that I've flipped

For I've bought a Bricklin to fullfill a dream, to cruise Route 66 in style it it would seem

But what have I done, I have too many rides. I must sell a truck and swallow my pride.

Good thing for Dean, he's sure to make the trip. He'll buy my girl Jinx with the Volare front clip.

I'm the #1 poster on this Slick 60s website, someone will buy her to make things all right. And he did take the Uni as we all can see, to park next to one on his rotisserie.

Now that brings me back to my original fun, a 64 Merc that still doesn't run. I've been to 04 and 06 empty handed, if I don't start this soon I will surely be branded!

As a poster who leads with hints and with tricks, but never can seem to show up with a slick!

So back to the garage he returned on a mission, to show up at 08 in the driver's position. With a wrench in his left and a beer is his right, I heard him exclaim as he went out of sight.

Happy Slickstock to all and to all a Good Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

JCs rebuttal

T'was the last night of Slickstock and what should prevail?
Mark the HoofbeatRacer had gone off the rail
Not only was he reading poetry that burned
but those around him had not the sense to have spurned
The Second time reading of a poem quite lamey
and One whose usefulness had really gone gamey

All of the people were gathered the Aussies et al
and even some Texans, yet the sky did not fall
A good time was had by a bunch of good friends
and those in the midst there, they gathered the sense
to take a great weekend at all of face value

Then Mark who I thought, well yes you're my pal, you
and countryman too haha let me tell you
I know not these stories , and tales long forgotten
And even in Denmark they can smell that it's Rotten
But post what I will, what I want, (when I can)
To even the score with the karakoke man

and Lord willing "and Pasta!!" Garbz yells with delight
Merry slickstock to all and to all a good night!!
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Poultry... :shock:
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun