63 Wrongbed Project

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jlincks

63 Wrongbed Project

Post by Jlincks »

Got the truck last summer on a straight up trade for my motorcycle I traded some home theater equipment for a few months prior. Lol so the truck is a 63 F100 custom cab. Used to be blue and have a 292 in it. The truck is as I got it is white with a 289 out of a 65 Galaxy. Truck did not have a intake or carb on it but the guy gave me the one for it in the trade. Got it home and put them on and it fired right up and drove. The kingpins were froze up so I had to hear them up and grease them real good and the tranny leaked like crazy and had to put a new shift selector seal in it.
Pretty much the was when I got it and been washed off.

The interior was disgusting and there were rat nests under the seat and in it so I had to rip all that out and clean it all up. Luckily the dash and windows are all in pretty good shape. There had been some patches put in the floor boards where rust had ate through. I have been doing some body work on the outside as it has quite a bit of rust on the bottoms of the doors and parts of the cab.

I have bought some great used fenders to replace the rotted out ones that are on the truck and some mirrors to put on as it has none right now. The truck is not going be any kind of show truck or DD but is just going to be a decent truck to drive around on the weekend to go to shows and cruises around my hometown.

I am currently having a buddy put in a crown vic clip in it and lowering the back.
I want the truck to set pretty low and also have bought some 2008 Mustang GT500 wheels and tires to go on it. I have a vision for what I want the truck to be and did a little photoshop work to see what the final outcome should be close to.

I am going to keep posting progress on the truck as I get things done.
therealjoeshmoe

Re: 63 Wrongbed Project

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

AWESOME!! I DIG THOSE WRONG BOXES FOR SOME REASON,,, GREAT WORK !!
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
Jlincks

Post by Jlincks »

As of today the truck has had the motor pulled and awaiting the crowm vic front end to be put in.
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

jlinks,
Hurry up,damn'it!!!!!!
Dan,
Jlincks

Post by Jlincks »

Sorry ^^ I'm having a buddy do the work for me so he's doing it as he can. He said he's going to be busting ass on it to get it done for me so I will keep updating as he sends me more pictures and info.
Jlincks

Post by Jlincks »

Ok got an update last night. The truck got the motor and tranny pulled and he rolled the cv clip under the truck and lowered the truck down on to it and put the trucks front end back on to see what it's going to look like. The cv clip is being raked foward a bit to get the wheel centered in the wheel well better. The motor is still not back in and he said it lowered it about 2" so far and with the motor in it'll prolly be another 3" or so.
Jlincks

Post by Jlincks »

Jlincks

*Update

Post by Jlincks »

buddy got the crown vic clip put in and has to get some more metal to fab the trailing arm brackets, box the frame in, and button it up. I ordered the parts for the steering to get it connected to the crown vic rack and pinion.
Jlincks

Post by Jlincks »

brought back from the dead a bit. Got the truck back and have since lowered the rear.
Night i got it back (rear still had to be dropped and tubs out for wheels to fit) :
After i got it lowered in the rear:
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Looking good. I really like those wheels. I had a 2005 PI CV that I was going to do the swap with. Never found a slick so I sold the CV and made some money on it. May try it after I find a good pickup. Keep us posted on the progress. 8)
Jlincks

Post by Jlincks »

well a lot of work later and its getting close. got a "right" bed for the truck. its setting pretty low and I'm getting ready to start wiring up and plumbing the air ride system.
6ftdwn57

Post by 6ftdwn57 »

lookin good!
66 Layin Low