Good day at the show

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

skidoorulz
United States of America

Good day at the show

Post by skidoorulz »

Well I have had our truck in 2 shows this year so far. At least 3 more to go to. 1st show I tied for beauty of the show and the tie breaker did not go my way. Yesterdays show had over 200 cars in it. It is the Billings all original car show. All cars must be 90% of original but can be restored. Oldest car I saw was a 1910 Model T and nothing newer than 1978 can enter. No custom paint like flames or pin striping can be on the cars unless it came from the factory that way. Our truck was entered in the light industrial class which was all trucks 1/2 ton to 1 1/2 ton. I took 3rd in that class, 2nd was a 1948 Dodge 1 1/2 ton stake truck and a 1957 Ranchero. Both were beautiful trucks and I told my son early in the day that I would loose to those two trucks. I even said how they would place. Both were also hauled in in enclosed trailers. The owner of the Ranchero even lives here in Billings and did not drive it. What is the point of owning. I don't get it. Anyway I also brought the trophy home for peoples choice of the show. Given the cars that were there and this being my first ever restoration and second ever show I am feeling very proud of both trophies. There also was another 64 long box there that was an original except it had been repainted. It has 44K original miles on it and also has a 292 with a 4 speed but was a std cab pickup no radio. Here are a few pics of the day. I will also attach a link to a facebook page with pics of the show.
skidoorulz
United States of America

Re: Good day at the show

Post by skidoorulz »

https://www.facebook.com/406customs/pho ... =1&theater

Here is the link to the show pictures, If you click on the pics you should scroll to others. I am not to good at this stuff
Also next year the original wheels and hub caps will be on for that show. The Judges told me the wheels cost me 5 points which had I had them on I would have bee 3 points ahead of the Dodge and 1 point ahead of the Ranchero. I almost put them on Friday night but had a tough day at work and just didn't feel like it.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Congrats! Great looking trucks.
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

:iagree:

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Skid.
Thanks for all the pics.
Dan
Dakota Kids

Post by Dakota Kids »

Great Looking Truck, any more shows in Billings this year?
If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
Yogi Berra
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

There was one this weekend which I missed. There is a small one the 29th of August and there is a big one labor day weekend. There is a parade the evening of the 4th of Sept with over 400 cars and then there is a show and auction the 5th at the fairgrounds. Just google Burn the point for all info