If you only knew now what you didn't know then......

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

If I knew that marriage was gonna be this much work, that probably would have been the first thing out the window. If I knew that having kids meant all you do is pay pay pay pay pay pay, and to get the dishwasher loaded or the lawn mowed in return, is more effort than doing it yourself, it would have gone out with the marriage idea. Good thing we can't see into the future, maybe.

If I knew that being bald would one day be in fashion, things would have been radically different. :lol:

If I knew that I should have bought as many houses as I could 20 years ago, and rented them all out, I would be a multi-millionaire by now and retired. :shock:

If I knew that working for the City , by now I would be retired with a full pension, I would have applied and kept applying for every city job that came up.8)

If I knew Boss 302's and Shelbys were gonna increase in price at a rate even higher than real estate , I would have bought and fixed up as many of those as I could. :o

If I had my life to do over again, probably nothing would be the same. I guess that's why we aren't allowed foresight :lol:
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on September 22, 2007, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Phil

Post by Phil »

If I knew all the bullshit I put up with in marraige would look
so petty after I had a kid I would have had one 10 years ago.

If I knew (ok I did know) an art degree would be worthless to get ahead I'd have still done it anyway. I like art. Suck it success.

meh, no regrets. Stuff I wish I woulda done but didn't
just means I wasn't ready to do em.

My one regret; buying a Barry Grant carburator.
Someday I'll get another slick :(
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

lots of woulda, coulda, shoulda's here, but no real regrets. everything i have done up to now has made me who i am today, and although i'm nowhere near perfect, my wife and two sons are still standing beside me so that has got to count for something.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:cry: I`m being treated for depression at the moment,so I dont want to start the what if thingy :?

BUT ! Heavyhauler,Nothing suckseeds more than a budgie without a beak

:lol: Alan
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

FWIW It was BG Carburetors that made me turn to EFI. So for me, I owe Barry a BIG THANX For That! :thumright:

SO, "BG's" misery & frustration had a real golden lining, wasn't that a nice lesson for me, Huh? cheerleader.gif :dancing: :cheers:

AND . . . . . secret.gif it was actually cheaper than an analyst would have cost me too! :lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :roll:

FBp Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I would have gotten more schooling & done a better paying career.
I would have bought land in certain areas.
I would have bought as many musclecars in the late 80's as I could...then stored them indoors.
I would NOT have taken my '66 apart until I was financially ready to restore it! :evil:
I would have tried a lot harder to buy a house as early as possible...who knows, I might even have the friggin' thing paid off by now. :dontknow:

Oh well, with all the ups & downs I've been through, I could definitely be worse off than where I am today. I'm glad for what I have & hope to use my time well. :)
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
unibodyboy

Post by unibodyboy »

I wouldn't change a damn thing.
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15.13
Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

No wishes really but a couple of regrets. :cry:

Regret not using proper protection & ventalation while working with lead as a young man
Regret not thinking about the consequences of getting cortisone shots (Diabetes)

All in all though life's been good so far

52 year old stuck in an 80 year old body.
Y'all will recognize me if I make it to slick stock. I will be the one walking like Frankenstein
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

If I knew then what I know now I would still have a really cool little 66 short.
Maybe I should call him and see if he wants to sell it or if he wants a Uni, lol.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

As time goes on. a person makes choices as to what happens, sometimes they work out, othertimes not. We all think back and feel we should have done something different, but we prolly wouldn't have. I am 68, and thinking back,I wish I would have done some things differently, but overall, I am fairly well satisfied with how things have been.
Besides, whoever said life was fair.
Just try to do right.
Fred