padded dash and xl cabs

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

fire704

padded dash and xl cabs

Post by fire704 »

Per the Nov. 1, 1963 Ford suggested price list, padded dash and visors were available for $20.00. My very early 64 has the original padded dash. In the Nov. 1963 truck marketing announcement Ford is offering " The New XL Cab Package" This we know as Ranger. Ford was urging it's dealers to order this option on there demonstrator trucks for 1964. This was option code: TTMS-0001-1AC4. So, has anyone ever seen a 64 Ranger? Denny
64 f100

Re: padded dash and xl cabs

Post by 64 f100 »

I have seen a very few 64 trucks with bucket seats. Now whether these were ordered this way or if they had the XL package I don't know. All I saw were on Craigslist and in bad shape. I don't remember if these had dash pads or not or that these were even advertised as being Rangers or XL.

Rich
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

slickstock 2008
owned by a guy named Doug from California

1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
CHICOF100

Post by CHICOF100 »

The 64 in ICEMANS post is a fake. The owner, Doug admitted to creating this truck. While I personally I don't care if fake or not, it's what he was trying to do and that was pass it off as 64 Ranger.
Two members from FTE (N.D. & CS65) questioned Doug at length, He admitted to building it. This took place at the F100 Western Nationals.
I like the truck, who cares if it's not a true Ranger.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

I have never seen anything from Ford referring to a Ranger package prior to the '65's. There are references to the XL package and a "sport package". Since the XL package was becoming popular on the passenger cars at the time, I would lean toward that being the correct nomenclature for the '64's, even though references were made to an (un-named) bucket seat option for the '63's. I have personally seen several really rough '64's as well as one really nice restoration which I believe to be original even though it has the Mustang style buckets rather than the Bostroms found in other examples. A parts manager at a local dealer drove one when I was in high school. I suspect it served Ford's suggested approach as to being a "demo", since it sported a metal "dealer" license plate. I wish I had paid more attention to it; I can't even remember with any certainty which seats or console it had.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul