No Slicks in the magazines? Now is your chance.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

No Slicks in the magazines? Now is your chance.

Post by Uncle Skip »

Ladies and Gentlemen.
We've been whining for years about being second class citizens and not getting the respect we think we're due.
John Gilbert, CCT editor has been so very gracious as to give us the chance to stand tall and represent our trucks.
So put your Slick where your mouth is and submit your "how to do it" article, pictures of your Slick, or anything else Slick related to John. You might not get published, but then again, if you try, you just might.
We have some nice iron here, certainly a lot of them are worthy of magazine coverage; and unlike a lot of brand X stuff that shows up in the magazines, every truck here is almost ALL completely hand built by their current owner.
Guys, we're where the chebby guys were in 1955 when the only vehicle worth owning had Ford on the hood badge.
Step up and make our trucks as popular as they should be.
We might not ever get another chance like this so lets get with it. If you don't, do not ever whine in this forum again..... :!:
No alibis, no excuses, no whining.
U@ss

John......Thank you for the opportunity.
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

none of mine are worthy of being submitted, but it might help to have a link to a way to contact him? or I guess a PM to you would be better so the spam-spiders can't get it.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Will they accept 'barn finds'? :rotflmao:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
john gilbert

Post by john gilbert »

Barn finds, garage finds, yard-finds, field finds, plus if any of you have good shots that are fairly high-resolution for our The End? section at the last page I'm interested.

Naturally we are looking for the cream of the crop for truck features, but at some point in the future, I will run another Farm Truck Fever story, and I'd like submissions for that as well.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Pics of my Uni in my album, let me know if you want to use them and I can get you higher res shots. The patching on it isn't stock but works quite well for a driver. There is a quick sketch of where the truck is headed in the album too. I also have a Classic Performance straight axle disc brake install I did a writeup with pics if you maybe want to talk about it. Here's a link to it, Greg
http://www.fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2647
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
66 POJ

Post by 66 POJ »

john gilbert wrote:Barn finds, garage finds, yard-finds, field finds, plus if any of you have good shots that are fairly high-resolution for our The End? section at the last page I'm interested.

Naturally we are looking for the cream of the crop for truck features, but at some point in the future, I will run another Farm Truck Fever story, and I'd like submissions for that as well.

You'll find plenty of the later here! How about a feature on a heap that you guys rebuild(bodywork, interior, paint, chrome, wheels etc....) and I'll donate the heap. That would be a great feature. I'll spring for shipping!
1966 F-100 LB
1966 F-250 LB
2003 F-150 ex-cab 4x4
2003 Explorer EB
2004 Mach 1

Frank
john gilbert

Post by john gilbert »

Greg, I sent you a PM, not sure it went through. Let me know I'm interested in your brake story.

Frank,

Thanks but we're currently plumb full of heaps in our tech center, but I'll accept any photos of the stuff I described, and get back to the sender right-away (maybe I should have said "soon as possible") if we are going to run them or not.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:) John, I`d be happy to bring mine for a photo shoot if you can spring for the fuel it needs to klick up some K`s.

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Alan.
You joke but I think it'd be cool if you managed to get a "Aussie Slick" in the mix.
Come on now mate, get with it.
U@ss
winr

Nice Truck

Post by winr »

All your Slicks are belong to us
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

john gilbert wrote:Naturally we are looking for the cream of the crop for truck features

I am a ways from that for sure. Gotta find the time and then motivation to do the body and paint.

john gilbert wrote:I will run another Farm Truck Fever story, and I'd like submissions for that as well.

That night be a place I could fit in.
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

If you don't have a show truck, I suggest that if you want to submit a picture to John for the "Farm Truck" story, take a digital shot in the largest (biggest resolution) format you have on your camera.
The little 60 meg ones will not translate into print.
I'd say pick the best on and submit it, not several because they're hard to e-mail when they get that size.
Who knows, you might get lucky. :wink:
U@ss
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

Farm truck story? Mine really was a farm truck . An old farmer had it. I bought it around 80 and still have it. I lived on a farm then and now I live in a area that is mainly farmland. I tried to keep it mostly stock. I also made my own door panels from a photo. I also have side rails from a old house a country music star lived in as a kid. One thing you should do is on old vehicles and campers. I have a couple now and they are really becoming popular. I have friends in old camper groups that have old vehicles that they enter into shows. You can see my truck and camper at
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/56 ... B?start=36
a good shot of the two is at
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/24 ... 8653FVpCPK
all the pictures of the campers and some with my truck are at
http://community.webshots.com/user/willy3486

You can also see my truck here in my photos,willy3486 at http://fordtruk.com/forums/album.php?user_id=25

But I got to say an old scotty or shasta camper really sets off the looks of these old trucks. I painted my first camper white and with the same color of blue as my truck. One guy almost wrecked staring at it in the park the last time I went camping.
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

Uncle Skip wrote:If you don't have a show truck, I suggest that if you want to submit a picture to John for the "Farm Truck" story, take a digital shot in the largest (biggest resolution) format you have on your camera.
The little 60 meg ones will not translate into print.
I'd say pick the best on and submit it, not several because they're hard to e-mail when they get that size.
Who knows, you might get lucky. :wink:
U@ss

I think/hope you mean the little 60 KB ones dont translate well?

otherwise I'm going to need a better camera, mine does about 15 meg TIFF at best :P
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Doh.
U@ss