Where are all the Slicks hiding?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Comet

Where are all the Slicks hiding?

Post by Comet »

Ok, some of you on Fordification will likely know that the Pacific NW is a haven for bumpside trucks. They are everywhere and cheap. Still doing yeomans work most often, but you'll see restos too. You hear guys crying all the time on Fordification about how lucky we are in the PNW.

But for Slicks it's a different story around here anyway. I rarely see them, with the exception of yesterday I saw 4 of them on the same road, at the same time within about a 2 mile span! Odd, it was just a weird coincidence. They were not travelling together.

So, I was wondering, where in the country are there lots of Slicks hiding?
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i see them all the time. saw a new one i had not seen before the other day.did not have time to stop and investigate or talk with the owner but its an f350 with a concrete pump on the back. i was upset with myself that i had somehow missed seeing this truck before ,given my regular travel past where it is.

i was talking to one of my neighbors about parts for his 4x4 bump and he asked me about the slicks being hard to find, i said no, i have 14.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I still see them around here from time to time, definitely not as often as I used to, though. A couple weeks ago, I saw a new one that looked like it had just been restored. It was green & white, really nice looking as it went by...and a woman was driving. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

there at my house :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

:laughing: Good One Tom, :lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao:
If they only knew the truth in that,. . . . . . Huh? :thumright:

FBp Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
unibodyboy

Post by unibodyboy »

By far, the most i've seen are in easter OR and Northern CA. Norther CA you can't throw a rock without hitting one. They are literally everywhere, and almost every single one has a barden diamong plate wrap around bumper.
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15.13
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hoof beat racer said when he went down thru the PNW they were everywhere,, he even brought one back. Must be just where you live they are getting rare, Comet, they're on ebay almost daily, and Craigslist constantly, in your general area. Check the For Sale in here and look at how many ripsnorter has listed. Just about half the dang list, without looking.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

Comet I've stopped posting the craigslist ads because there were just so darn many of them. I find at least 1 or 2 every day that I look for trucks.

There do seem to be a few more bumps than slicks, but if you gave me an hour to remember and an hour drive time I could probably take you to a dozen or more different slicks.

There was actually a very nice looking one down in the Ridgefield area on craigslist the other day for $800 i think it was. I also know of at least 6 or more in Longview.
Comet

Post by Comet »

I'm not looking, just starting a conversation. I live in the city and it amazes me how many bump sides I see. I do see Slicks too, but probably 10 to 1 bump sides to slicks. I have noticed more lately, might be since I have mine out running that I notice them more. But again for me, not nearly as much as the bump sides.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Bumps are probably the toughest trucks (maybe outside of Internationals) that anyone ever built. Lots of them in full time, unrestored service still around here, too.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Shiny

Post by Shiny »

I see them all the time here on Van Isle.

Was cruisin down the hiway today and saw a killer,and I mean killer clean slammed 66 CC short fleet,cream with a white roof.It was awesome.Right near my place too.
Theres also a mint wine colored short fleet near my place also.I should get some pics one day.

-Shiny
every movie I've seen the bad guy in the Camaro outruns the cop in the Crown Vic everytime!

'66 Merc "Crewlcab", SWB, clipped, c-notched etc
'65 Merc extra-cab,soon to be 3/4ton 4x4 SWBSOLD
'66 Merc J-Lo and Redford movie truck, from the movie "an unfinished life"
'66 Merc Crew Cab project 4x4 Cummins!
'65 Chevy crew cab
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

comet, i'm looking for a rust free bump. hopefully one that runs and is in good shape for $400 or less. if you happen to see one up there lemme know. I've been scouring craigslist for a while now.

Ideally I'd like a 69 Camper special with front disk, PS/PB, and factory air. and I'd like to be able to drive it down here too. The bed especially has to be rust free.

sigh.. the search goes on...
Comet

Post by Comet »

Ok, Rip! I just saw a bump on the side of the road with a sign in the window. Didn't stop, didn't even notice it if was a 250 or a 100. It was a '68 though.
Comet

Post by Comet »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Bumps are probably the toughest trucks (maybe outside of Internationals) that anyone ever built. Lots of them in full time, unrestored service still around here, too.

I owned a '71 IH 1210 4x4 for awhile. I'd hold my bump to that anyday (and make it home! LOL). That thing was the rustiest truck I ever owned. It stranded me twice too. 392, so much for bullet proof. It pissed me off so much the second time, I cut my losses and parted out what I could and cut the rest up for scrap, just so no one else had to endure what I did! :lol: