1965 f100 build

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

orangeRcode
United States of America

1965 f100 build

Post by orangeRcode »

This truck started off as a parts truck acquisition. After some soul searching and encouragement by TRUCKRAT, it has morphed into a build. The truck was typical old farm truck which had been sitting for years. No drivetrain and dented front fenders/grill/bumper. There were extra parts that came with it (fenders and hood). One fender, hood and tailgate still for sale. Anyway, there is rust in the front of the bed but other than that, its pretty rust free.

I've got a lot of pics I need to download and post here.

The plans are to utilize a CVPI as donor for the driveline. It is planned as a father/son project but still working on getting the boy off the computer and busting some knuckles with his old man. The kid is smart as a whip but seems to prefer computers to everything else. He does like mechanical things and seeing how things work so I'm hoping I can parlay that into a love of old gasoline combustion engines.

So far I've put a different tailgate on and have fenders and grill to install. I've pulled the seat and gas tank out. Wire brushed the floor and washed all the dirt out. I've got some Ospho on the way to coat those areas and hopefully stop the remaining rust. I'm going to prime and paint the floor of cab with an HVLP gun and implement paint from Tractor Supply. I've never done any painting but with rattle cans so this is going to be an adventure.
Toyz
United States of America

Re: 1965 f100 build

Post by Toyz »

You have an excellent instructor there; might end up in some military color, though!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Gary has been jonsing on a blue green color as of late. He's painted several hub caps that color and talked about painting other things as well...
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Scored a very nice blue vinyl seat out of 72 f100. I really wanted a newer cloth seat but haven't had a lot of luck finding any local so jumped on this one. Supposed to pick it up tonight. Got to get it home before the rains come. :clap:
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

I picked up the seat. It's in great shape. I went to install the slider brackets from my seat on it. The bolt holes line up just fine but their is interference issues with the adjustment mechanism. I'm either going to have to get brackets from a newer seat (72-up) or fab something up. So much for the newer seats bolting right in as I had heard.