psd in a 66

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

animalv
Canada

psd in a 66

Post by animalv »

Going to put a 95 psd in my 66 anyone out there have any pics on what they did what you use for mounts how much did you modify the firewall
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Re: psd in a 66

Post by FarmMotorSports »

I had a Complete 7.3 non intercooled PSD from an E350. I mocked it up with the van cross member installed on the motor.... I was Not willing to cut back that far into the cab for the turbo and mod for wiper assembly to have room for radiator and stock fan... lowering the motor, interferes with starter / steering box... all stock crossmembers need to go back as far as the bed... didn't do it. I just couldn't hack up that much truck.

PS. unsure if inner fenders wouldn't need mods. Think the oil filter hit some where or was close.

Electric pusher fans and non stock radiator may gain you some room. Remote oil filter etc.. consider a body lift makes room quick with much less cutting. Go 4X4 while your at it.

That turbo on the back of the manifold just sucks for height and depth... even better use an after market turbo some where else than, on the top rear of the motor.
I Sold the PSD when I found a Ford 5.9 Cummins from an f 700... much easier and more room every where.

IT CAN BE DONE... I just wasn't interested in it, I found an easier way, with much less electrical work.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
orangeRcode
United States of America

Re: psd in a 66

Post by orangeRcode »

Sounds like an interesting build. Always enjoy the progress on something like this should you accept the challenge! :cheers: