Slick build off

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

unforgiven66

Slick build off

Post by unforgiven66 »

Ok guys,I am sure that most of you have seen the bad judgment that went on between myself and Elpolacko on the truck talk board. I would like to appoligize to all in this club for my bad judgement and responding the way I did.
It would appear that we will be havin a slick build off of sorts.I am sure you have all seen Elpolacko's trucks and the quality of his work. As for me you do not know who I am at all nor do you know the quality of my work.I am currently building a 66 Custom cab,short box to contend for the Riddler award in Detroit.I am fully aware that I have a full up hill battle on my hands and have unreasonably high standards to compete against for that award,and doing it with a truck makes it even more of an adventure.
Anyways I would like the members of this group to set out the guidlines and the rules for this slick build off between myself and Elpolacko.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Why limit it to just us two. Anyone want to ramp it up and invite a third party like Classic Trucks, Truckin' or whatever to moderate the festivities. Could take place at the next Slick Stock.

In any event, I don't have the resources to commit to annother build so I am gonna stick with the gun I have..

If you want to include some other non-slick cars I might be game for the build off theme. :wink:
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
unforgiven66

Post by unforgiven66 »

Well hey bring them in,the more the marrier,I would like to see this build stay with the slick's but hey I'm game for anything.The one thing I can tell you and everybody else here is that the biggest surprise will be when you actually find out who I am and where I am building the truck. :twisted:
Just so I understand this,you are not going to build another truck? are you going to come out with the 63 you have now?
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Hey guys glad to see things have toned down a bit. :D
All in good fun I guess.
Slick off sounds like fun 8) :idea: but I am not in your leagues :(
Just trying like Heck to get my own project Finished :!: So that one day soon I will be able to drive a Slick and meet this interesting cast of characters I am starting to get to know on this forum.
Slick Stock 08 or Bust
CASTRUCK
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

I think it sounds like a great idea. I doubt I could do anything other than have a good time with the resources I have to put into the 65. My oldest is starting College in the Fall of 06, $$$$$$. But it could be fun to watch you big boys go at it.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

But it could be fun to watch you big boys go at it.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Thanks for considering me one of the big guys, :lol:

Yup, all I have to compete with in this contest is my old green truck. I don't think my 36 3 window or my belly tank racer qualifies. :P
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

I think it would be a good activity for SS '08.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

The one thing I can tell you and everybody else here is that the biggest surprise will be when you actually find out who I am and where I am building the truck.

Why the secrecy, are we supposed to be intimidated by that remark? :? Seriously what did you mean by that?

I make no bones about who I am or what I have done. I'm into hotrodding for the fun, not for the cock sparring.

WOOO!

FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

NO CARS JUST SLICKS 61 TO 66. A DEAD LINE OF SS08.
INVITE ANY MAG. THAT WILL COME TO COVER THE EVENT AND JUDGE. THERE VOTE = HALF THE OTHER HALF WILL BE FROM THE MEMBERS THAT SHOW UP AT SS08. ANY OTHER MEMBER THAT WANTS TO INTER THE BUILD OFF KEEP IT A SECRET TILL SS08. DO ALL WORK YOURSELF HELP FROM FRIENDS IS OK BUT NO HIREING THE PROS. UNFORGEVEN66 KEEP ID. A SECRET ALSO. THATS UP TO YOU.

JUST SOME THOUGHTS I HAD!

LONNIE
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Comet

Post by Comet »

That sounds cool! Maybe I will need to make a better effort for SS08! 8)

But Elp will be at kind of a disadvantage since the competition has seen his truck and knows what to shoot for. Oh well, it would be cool in any event if this really happens!
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

I can't wait to see a Ridler caliber Slick! I think the only truck to ever make the "Great 8" was a 55 F100 that competed 2-3 years ago. It was a yellow fat fendered truck with the name of "F-this". It went on to win the "Truck of the Year" at the F100 Supernats.
It's too bad that the owner of the knockout red 57 F100 that was at the Supernats this year hadn't waited to show it at Detroit first. It was nicer than the yellow 55. It would have been a guaranteed "Great 8"!
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Be fun to Judge :D 8)
Slick stock 08 sounds good 8)
FORDMANCRACKEL's rules sound Ok 8)
ELp is somewhat at a disadvantage but it does set the bar for everybody else :!:
While the mystery man with the mystery truck keeps everybody's imagination racing :? :shock:
Leaves me out not enough $$$$$$ or enough talent :oops: :mrgreen:

By the way is the mystery truck entering 07 or 08 Riddler :?:
Seems like a stupid Question but I know these vehicles are years in the building :? :shock:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
unforgiven66

Post by unforgiven66 »

Ok well Like Elpolacko,I am happy to see that I am considered one of the big guy's.As for the statement if I am tryin to intimidate anybody here,I was not tryin to come across that way and I am sorry if it was taken in that manner.
I am simply just goin to surprise alot of people here and in the show circuit when I unvail this truck and who I am.I mean no disrespect to anybody here,and do not think of myself as a better person or a better builder.We all have a common intrest here and I am just happy to be apart of such a group of fine people and builders.
I like to look at any vehicle and do not look down on anybody or anybody's build,I like a fresh resto or a custom or an old orig farm truck.
As for the build off,I already stated that I'm game for that and all the rules stated thus far sound good to me.I would like to however keep my identity a secret,this is just part of the surprise when this truck comes out.
Again I am sorry if I have offended anybody in any way shape or form.
Everybody here has a kick ass ride and to me a slick is an awsome vehicle wheather it is stock or custom.
I am just a regular guy buildin another kick ass slick.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Don't invite me to judge.

If the word Chebby is within 100 feet of those trucks that is. :wink:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
unforgiven66

Post by unforgiven66 »

Hey Johnny,no chebby's here brother,Ford in a Ford for me.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hey Steve, sorry man. Just the way I am wired.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Comet

Post by Comet »

Not this again! :(
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

this sounds quite interesting.hope it all can remain civil. i have a few ideas myself, unfortunately time and funds may not allow them to be complete. depends on how much extra time i have to do something original.certainly not likely to give Steve anything to worry about.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Don't invite me to judge.

If the word Chebby is within 100 feet of those trucks that is. :wink:

Ditto that. :wink:
unforgiven66

Post by unforgiven66 »

I can promise you that my truck is all FORD,and to recall on an earlier post,of course this will remain civil,I'm not here to cause problems or gain enemys. This is all in good fun. :)