F100 Interceptor Frame Swap

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shop Therapy

F100 Interceptor Frame Swap

Post by Shop Therapy »

Yep! Another one.
What can I say - you guys and gals have inspired me!

1966 F100 going on a 2008 CV frame.

I'm only about a week into it but making decent progress. I picked up the truck about 6 weeks ago and have put about 500 miles on it. It's a fairly decent truck with a great motor in it.

352 V8 with a 3 speed 3Tree transmission.

I'm going to keep the floors and firewall on the CV so when I'm finished (or somewhere in between) there will be a very nice motor - frame - rear - seat - tank - column and new alum radiator available. I'm located in Bryan Texas - Aggieland (whoop!) so if you're nearby, come visit and turn a wrench!

I've started videoing the progress also - just really to do it. I've never done a video before so it's going to be obvious, but it will certainly get better. One of the things I've noticed from the guys that video doc their work is that they progressively get better and more comfortable during the build. So hopefully I follow suit.
Here is my first video and I'll post here when I get new ones out.

https://youtu.be/ujtMw_TxPRg

If you have comments or suggestions for the build... I'm open.

My currently plan.
- Use the mustang wheels currently on the VC.
- Use the CV Floor/Firewall
- Keep the HVAC and as much CV functionality as I can reasonably. Like cruise.
- I think I'm going to get a silvy black leather seat with a buddy seat. I have a 3 yr old that will be riding with us so it needs to be a 3 seater.
- Colors I'm thinking right now - Rootbeer & Beige 2 tone like the king ranch. I haven't seen one like I have pictured in my head so I want it to be different. Eventually recover the seats with the saddle color KR style leather without the W on them.
- I want to do a raise wood floor. Haven't seen much done this way and I love the wood bed look.
- Roll pan with the exhaust coming out on either side of the license plate
- License plate hinged to cover the receiver hitch.
- Replace the "Twin I Beam" graphic in the trim with "Interceptor" to complete the F100 Interceptor concept.

Well - that's the plan so far. Let's see when one changes first!
Blanger
United States of America

Re: F100 Interceptor Frame Swap

Post by Blanger »

Cool!

That's a really bright green on the CV...lol

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Jon
Shop Therapy

Re: F100 Interceptor Frame Swap

Post by Shop Therapy »

Blanger wrote:That's a really bright green on the CV...lol
Yeah, I thought my wife was going to miss that sitting in the driveway... But surprisingly she was ok with seeing me tearing it down! haha

So far I have it torn down to the point where it's ready to cut. so that is my task for tonight once I get caught back up on my work. Looking forward to that part.