What's happening?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jerry D
United States of America

What's happening?

Post by Jerry D »

Man, what's happening around here? Or, should I say "not happening"?

Logged on today, and only one post since my visit yesterday, and it's a project update. No slickstock talk, no truck talk. Not even any ranking! Things seem to slow down here mid-summer. This seems too early. Hope it's not a trend. :shock:
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: What's happening?

Post by slick4x4 »

I hear ya !
Facebook has taken a big bite out of this site
I'm guilty of being there...

Sure a lot of new facts made up over there though :roll:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
SteveCanup
United States of America

Post by SteveCanup »

My 2 cents....When I first found this site I was on here constantly. But with Facebook, it is quicker easier and more up to date. The "Hints and Tricks" section is woefully outdated and many of the info is no longer available as well as the pics. Photobucket destroyed a huge amount of this sites pics...I know because all of my build thread went down the tubes. Very frustrating to say the least. I still come on here and follow a few build threads, but the Facebook is much better for my needs.

To the admins....the site needs an overhaul and some cleaning up. Lots of pics and links that do not work anymore. The site seems outdated...
1964 F-100
grump

Post by grump »

I just don't see the attraction of facebook. I have clicked on the facebook page just to see what it's about and I see it said that it's faster. Is it faster because people post from their phone? You could do that here also. I understand pics are a different animal although I don't really know how to post them myself. Kid has done a great job with this site and with this site you don't any one tracking your every move and keystroke. If any one wonders what Slick Stock is all about this might be the best year to go because with the lack of participation here it could be the last one. I surely hope not. In the last 12 years there have been very few days I haven't been on this site at least once a day. I admit I'm not a big poster but I've tried to change that. I'm not giving up on this site and I hope ya'll don't either
Day 2

Post by Day 2 »

I don't do facebook!!! :oops: I check in here every day, and respond to stuff that interest me... so if no one post anything, I just don't post. Sad isn't it? On a side note, with the latest news from "Trumpet" and the word that gas will soon cost too damn much, I'll most likely park the 63 for awhile...Oh well, wheres that model kit :D
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

This place probably turns off the guys that tell about their
64 unibody Ranger with the factory 390 that grandpaw ordered
From the dealer brand new :P
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

You must be talking about that early one with the 63 grill......I saw that one. It's really a cool truck :roll:
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

Im not on facebook either,but im on here just about every day looking around,just dont have much to post.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Lowell wrote:Im not on facebook either,but im on here just about every day looking around,just dont have much to post.
Possibly ...
But I'd rather hear about your
Pet...
Weather..
Crappy neighbor ...
A n y t h I n g ..... instead of nothing :(
tomsrod
United States of America

Post by tomsrod »

A lot of guys are probably like me, they came to this site years ago looking for info while they were restoring their projects or looking for help with a certain problem. When the projects were done or when they found what they were looking for, they tend to move on. I've been involved in other non-slick projects where I spent a lot of time on other forums and see it in those places too.

I do believe this may be a result of the internet aging some. When it was new, people were flocking to forums. Now I see the same things happening on the other forums. Often times a new guy asks a question that has been asked a hundred times before and ends up getting ripped for it. No wonder they don't come back. And yes, photobucket has ruined the tips and tricks on this and other forums.

I check in almost every day, just to read the posts and see if I can add anything. I don't post much, but do think it is still a great site. I don't do Facebook and don't have a smartphone so this is my source for slick info.

Pat (from Omaha).
Gravemetal
Canada

Post by Gravemetal »

slick4x4 wrote:
Lowell wrote:Im not on facebook either,but im on here just about every day looking around,just dont have much to post.
Possibly ...
But I'd rather hear about your
Pet...
Weather..
Crappy neighbor ...
A n y t h I n g ..... instead of nothing :(
Well my 1992 F250 4x4 gave me a hissy fit 2 weekends ago and cost me a $210.00 tow job :(

I actually do not know how to start a thread on this site however, except for the summer months I am on chat every Sunday night which usually sees quite a few members.
Ford... the other four letter "F" word

Chevrolet: Condition hopeless entire vehicle runs on leftover engine technology

Six cylinders make farting sounds
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Several months ago I ran to Springfield Mo and picked up a Dana 60 with a 3.07 ratio.
I have been told that these are rare in the 3.07 ratio,and that they don't fit slicks or bumps.

I managed to remove the original spring perches last weekend, and have since tacked in new ones.
I'll find out in the next week or so how well it fits, rough measurements say, yes but wider and still under the fenders. If all goes well, I may do a small build thread on swapping out a Dana in a slick..
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

I am not on Facebook either for many reasons,, just too much :bs: that I see, maybe that's why we still have a plain cell phone,, what people are so into all that Just stop at a wreck in traffic and count the people with their phones and then cause a wreck,, go to the wrecking yard and see the vehicles involved cause of the idiots texting, etc... and now are DEAD,, so many companies with their Facebook and their reason is to be not left out of the crowds.. and how bout all the info stolen from your accounts.. NOT For us and That is WHY all of our invoices hand written, NO CREDIT CARD INFO STORED ANY PLACE so somebody can steal it and has been done at companies that will not tell you when ordering truck parts..

Went yesterday in McDonalds for first time in awhile and look here a place to order away from the counter place your order and pay for it there and then your order number put on a screen so you watch it,, C'mon what is this world coming to now :2cents:

Facebook here just means your too lazy to see what's going on here,, Sunday Chat is a lot sometimes but we cannot be there since a lot of times we are not home
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

I guess I didn't think most happenings around here was worth posting.Have been busy cleaning out my moms place after we sold it to my cousin.Mom and dad moved there over 75 years ago,so you can imagine all the stuff they accumulated . My old 65 has been handy hauling off junk and taking old iron to the recyclers.I don't have a hitch so will use my 02 ford and trailer for some bigger stuff.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Tom ....

The last time I went to McDonalds
There was a guy cleaning (long handled dust mop)
He was dusting above the French fry fryer
I could see the little particles floating in the air dropping into the grease
When I paid , my bill was $16. 53
I handed her 2 $10.00 bills , a $1.00 bill , 2 quarters & 3 pennies .....
She looked at all that , then looked at me like :shock:
Then she slowly started tapping at her cash register & it opened
She then handed me a $5.00 bill v-e-r-y slowly , with a look on her face like....
"How-in-the-world-did -that-guy-know-how-to-do-that" look
MN66
United States of America

Post by MN66 »

FarmMotorSports wrote:Several months ago I ran to Springfield Mo and picked up a Dana 60 with a 3.07 ratio.
I have been told that these are rare in the 3.07 ratio,and that they don't fit slicks or bumps.

I managed to remove the original spring perches last weekend, and have since tacked in new ones.
I'll find out in the next week or so how well it fits, rough measurements say, yes but wider and still under the fenders. If all goes well, I may do a small build thread on swapping out a Dana in a slick..
I think what you have is a Dana 61. I've got one from my 1978 F250 parts truck with the 3.07 "mileage maker" diff.

I too have been guilty of not posting much here lately. I'll be driving my truck this summer for the first time in 2+ years, so I'm sure I'll be posting more.

I still haven't decided on what sort of site to use for hosting photos - any consensus on what people prefer now?

btw - looking forward to your build thread as I consider swapping out my D60 with 4.10 gears.

Regards,
Corey
1966 F250 LWB
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Not a fan of the Facebook page. I enjoy the pics but have ran into a few trolls there.

MN66 wrote: I still haven't decided on what sort of site to use for hosting photos - any consensus on what people prefer now?
I prefer post image.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
pikupmn
United States of America

Post by pikupmn »

I guess I'm as guilty as anyone for not posting alot, anymore. when I 1st found this site, I was looking for info on my build. MAN, did I ever get what I was looking for, and SOOOO much more . I found people who were willing to help out the best they could and actually made some friends along the way. I've been to 2 Slick Stocks and never even took the Slick I was working on (there's been quite a few).I don't do "social media" cuz I don't think it's the whole worlds business to know MY business.I do come on here once or twice a week to check out what new posts are up. I will be going to K.C. and hopefully drive my Slick this time. She won't be pretty but she 's up and running and I'm tired of going to Slick Stock without my Slick. I understand why some don't bring theirs.....oceans 7 or 8 states, I get it.Ive been really lucky that the SS's have been fairly close to me.
well that's my :2cents: everyone have a great weekend and to all the Mothers out there
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. Jeff
it's never too late to have a happy childhood

1966 Long Box 5/8 ton wha.gif
2012 F150 XLT Super Crew 3.5 TWIN TURBO ......yee haw
2000 Road King
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

I’m guilty of hitting my build hard and heavy for a long time but bought the house and had to slow that roll. My plan was to move the f100 to new house this weekend but a project I’m doing in my garage caused me to go blind this week in one eye. (Shredded my cornea like I sposted in build thread). Anyway, getting back to business soon! It’s spring.. life happens and people have stuff going on in this rat race.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

WOW.... that sounds serious. Hope you'll recover completely.